iPad Air 2 lanyard

Reaction score
i am using an iPad Air 2 for my p4. It works great, but it is too heavy for the standard lanyard system. It flops forward if I am not holding it. Any ideas for a modification?

I use the DJI one similar to the link provided by alokbhargava. With the iPad Air 2 it will still flop if you lean right forward but it's certainly better than a standard lanyard. For the price it's well worth a go.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Theo450
Thanks! I ordered one. I appreciate the responses, and I will let you know how it works for me.

What i did with my P4 remote I bought a velcrow then I connected it to the remote(under, the one facing my body) then i used the ipad air 2 cover for the sticky. It usually stays in my abdomen without it flipping back. With this set up im able to do hand catch all the time.

Hi Jogn, really interested in what you did but don't quite follow you. Any chance you could post a photo?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Sorry it was hard to explain. Ill provide you with some pictures. But it will only work if you have ipad or something as big as an ipad.

I Recieved the suggested lanyard today, and it is a big improvement. I also Recieved a sunshade that fits my iPad Air 2 that works great. I think that a minor mod to the sunshade will make the new harness style lanyard a perfect modification! I will attach the the top corners of the shade to the new lanyard to increase the stability of the controller.

Thanks!

Here you go bro.

Attachments

• IMG_1598.JPG
    IMG_1598.JPG
    930.6 KB · Views: 305
  • IMG_1597.JPG
    IMG_1597.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 371
So it appears another reasonable solution is to use Velcro like Jogn shows in his photo and to simply stick something on the bottom of the RC to counter-balance the weight of the iPad Air. This could be a lead strip, making the RC bottom heavier. Or, this could be another lanyard attached to the bottom Velcro that attaches to your belt, holding the bottom of the RC down, which means you would need the RC and display positioned about 16-18" from your face (my estimate).

I only use a harness to hand launch because I need to pull both sticks into CSC position, one handed. The right hand is holding the craft for release.

Contrary, when hand catching, it's easy to shut down the motors one handed with no harness, using the left hand to hold the RC and push down on the left stick. However, doing a two stick CSC to start the motors is almost impossible one handed without a harness.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4