iPad Air 2 barometer broke with iOS 10.0.2

Reaction score
Your best bet is to downgrade to iOS 9.3.5 before the signing window closes.

Your best bet is to downgrade to iOS 9.3.5 before the signing window closes.

Doing it now.

I have the 'fantastic' AT&T DSL and it will finish the version 9.3.5 download in 4 hours - maybe. Maybe their servers are overloaded with rollback downloads, but I suspect it is AT&T being typically slow, or about 3 times faster than AOL dialup.

Well, that was certainly a PITA to roll back!

Got rid of 10 and now back to 9.3.5 and the barometer is again working with correct altitude reported. It required so many passwords, credit card entries, disable this and enable that, Unfind my iPhone (iPad), and uninstall of Wi-Fi router and reinstall to get the **** WEP Key to take, and trying to find the slight differences in iTunes versions as well to allow a roll back/restore. Now I have one barometer (test) app that refuses to uninstall too even from iTunes or the iPad (Magenta colored free one.).

But least it is going again. So much for 10.0.0, 10.0.1, and 10.0.2. Com'on Apple you can do better than this! Trying to compete with the Windows 10 Anniversary Edition foul-up that I also had to remove?

What app isn't working?

I'm using 10.0.2 and my Altimeter app is working fine?

SB

What app isn't working?

I'm using 10.0.2 and my Altimeter app is working fine?

SB

First link above is the Inspire 1 forum where it became known that Autopilot wasn't working right as it uses the barometer in the iDevices that have it. Some might be working, although they didn't mention having Autopilot, but mine wasn't working either. Didn't see Litchi in the list or if it uses the iDevices barometer.

There is a freeware app (Apple store > Barometer) that has a silver icon with hPa on it. It used to report pressure and altitude on mine, but since 10.0.2 it launches with a red screen saying "iPad Air 2 req." and no pressure or altitude is shown. It might have worked with 10.0.0 or maybe 10.0.1, but definitely not in 10.0.2 and I'm not chancing it with Autopilot as it might report a funky altitude or none at all. There was another freeware barometer app in the store which showed no warning as the hPa app did, but it reported a bad altimeter number and reported the altitude as 0.0 feet where it is 362 feet.

I'll wait on 10.0.3 or until I see it working better, I just have to put up with the constant nag screens for 10 now. Least now it works again since I went back to 9.3.5 just that I wished the rollback would have gone smoother without all the password stuff for almost anything on the device.

it became known that Autopilot wasn't working right
To be clear, this is only critical for Moving Operator use cases where you intend to change altitude and the aircraft is following you.

That's what I was wondering what good does the barometer due when it's in the iPad not the drone?
There is in fact a barometer in the drone. That is how it knows it's height.

There is in fact a barometer in the drone. That is how it knows it's height.
Then what does it matter if theres one in the iPad? There's no velocity gauge in the iPad or and other tracking parameter and the drone can pass on the initial altitude before it takes off. My whole point is, is it really necessary or beneficial to have the barometer in the iPad or iPhone because the iPad mini 2's are cheap but I also question the computational power as well. I'm getting tired of my phone screen. Thanks.

Then what does it matter if theres one in the iPad? There's no velocity gauge in the iPad or and other tracking parameter and the drone can pass on the initial altitude before it takes off. My whole point is, is it really necessary or beneficial to have the barometer in the iPad or iPhone because the iPad mini 2's are cheap but I also question the computational power as well. I'm getting tired of my phone screen. Thanks.
It matters if you want to use follow mode and have the drone maintain accurate, relative altitude to your position.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers