iPad Air 1

Reaction score
Hi folks

I'm just about to buy P4 Pro , will my iPad Air 1 be ok, and will I need some sort of larger holder ?

Many thanks

The ipad Air 1 uses the A7 CPU, it works fine in cool weather. But it may overheat in 95F+ ambient temps. So if you see a video problem on a hot day, don't panic. The controller still has control of your craft and you can bring it in with VLOS, assuming you're within VLOS. The RTH button will work fine if you can't see it. After the iPadAir cools down it will work good again. I have this issue with my iPad mini2 all the time, using the same A7 CPU. If it's really hot, I often fly from inside the car with the air conditioner running. Make sure you fly WITHOUT a case around the iPad, so it maximizes cooling.

The ipad Air 1 uses the A7 CPU, it works fine in cool weather. But it may overheat in 95F+ ambient temps. So if you see a video problem on a hot day, don't panic. The controller still has control of your craft and you can bring it in with VLOS, assuming you're within VLOS. The RTH button will work fine if you can't see it. After the iPadAir cools down it will work good again. I have this issue with my iPad mini2 all the time, using the same A7 CPU. If it's really hot, I often fly from inside the car with the air conditioner running. Make sure you fly WITHOUT a case around the iPad, so it maximizes cooling.

I know this is slightly older thread, but this is great information as I was going to use my iPad Air and live in FLA. I typically fly in the evenings / night for the very reason of our brutally hot and humid days. Its good to know should I fly during the daytime hours.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik