iPad advice

I am having some issues deciding which iPad to get for my P4P.....I think I want the mini 4 but then look at the iPad 2017 and think

1. Is a bigger screen worth the extra weight over the mini 4?

2. Is the A-9 or A-10 chipset a worthwhile upgrade over the mini’s A-8?

Any advice would be appreciated as I do not want to get one then have to upgrade next year as it either works or I find out the mini 4 A-8 chip can’t keep up.

Cheers
I can barely fit my iPad Pro 10.5 as I already had it before I bought my drone. Cant beat that big display..But it works... Now to find a shade housing to go around it to block the sun.

Last edited:
Reactions: jephoto
The "secret" is to use a metal keyring slipped over the top of the RC mounting post (temporarily completely unscrew the tablet bracket mount screw to make it easy, the one that adjusts the tension). Then, instead of attaching the strap harness clip to the built-in hole in the bottom front of the RC mounting post, just clip it to the keyring around the top of the post. Much better balance that way, and you can completely let go, when you need both hands, or easily stabilize it with one hand, while walking and holding the aircraft in the other hand. :cool:
Excellent.
How large a ring?
Got a photo??

Last edited:
I can barely fit my iPad Pro 10.5 as I already had it before I bought my drone. Cant beat that big display..But it works... Now to find a shade housing to go around it to block the sun.
Let me know what you find for that.
I've got to make a decision this week which iPad to get.
My Mini 3 won't cut it for the P4p & Go 4.
I've decided to either get the new 10.5" iPad Pro or the new 2018 -9.7" iPad
Both have the new A10 processor. I've heard the iPad Pro is a bit brighter- but is also $300 more.
And the 9.7" size is more attractive to me as well.

Anyone here done a comparison?

Excellent.
How large a ring?
Got a photo??
IMG_9682.JPG

Reactions: MaxHam and jephoto
Let me know what you find for that.
I've got to make a decision this week which iPad to get.
My Mini 3 won't cut it for the P4p & Go 4.
I've decided to either get the new 10.5" iPad Pro or the new 2018 -9.7" iPad
Both have the new A10 processor. I've heard the iPad Pro is a bit brighter- but is also $300 more.
And the 9.7" size is more attractive to me as well.

Anyone here done a comparison?
Save the $300 and buy a couple extra batteries and a hood, if you can't find shade to fly under. 9.7" size is ideal, and what the RC was originally designed around. 10.5" can be used, but requires accomodation, and a real desire to use it instead.

Reactions: ravedog
Thanks for everyone’s advice, I ended up purchasing a 2018 iPad with 128GB and the A10 fusion chip....non cellular version. Now I just have to take it out for a flight!!!

the 2018 ipad is working good with the app? I want to buy it but i want to know if it is good for dji app and my P4

the 2018 ipad is working good with the app? I want to buy it but i want to know if it is good for dji app and my P4
I’ve been using the 2018-9.7” iPad, cellular version (without an active cell
Account)/64Gb- with my P4p-v2 all through last year. Works excellent.

The only thing I’ve a problem with is I can’t Reset my HomePoint to the current position of the controller if I’ve walked to a new location. Apparently the GPS chip in iPads isn’t accurate enough for DJI to lock onto.
Other than that I’ve been very happy with its performance.

iPad Pro 10.5 , it fits in the stock holder and is far from being underpowered(4gb ram) like the older tablets (2gb ram)

Reactions: Hounddog

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
intertronixlabel