iPad 10.5 setup - transporting and use

Reaction score
I bought a refurbished 10.5 Pro iPad and now thinking about how best to protect it. With my Mini2 it was not a concern as it easily fit into the RC bracket with its protective case in place.

The iPad needs to be without a case when in the DJI RC holder and ideally in a case or sleeve the rest of the time. What have you found to work the best in terms of convenience and protecting the iPad?

I was surprised that with the Apple refurbished iPads you get a new battery, new shell, and full 1 year warranty. Cost for the refurb with cellular and 256GB was discounted by $140 and so only $10 more than the new 10.5 cellular model with 64GB. Doubt I will need 256GB but should help with resale down the road.

I bought a refurbished 10.5 Pro iPad and now thinking about how best to protect it. With my Mini2 it was not a concern as it easily fit into the RC bracket with its protective case in place.

The iPad needs to be without a case when in the DJI RC holder and ideally in a case or sleeve the rest of the time. What have you found to work the best in terms of convenience and protecting the iPad?

I was surprised that with the Apple refurbished iPads you get a new battery, new shell, and full 1 year warranty. Cost for the refurb with cellular and 256GB was discounted by $140 and so only $10 more than the new 10.5 cellular model with 64GB. Doubt I will need 256GB but should help with resale down the road.

Congratulations on your purchase Calsun. This device is a serious workhorse, and you will love it.

I recommend this: Metropolis Series iPad Pro 10.5-inch (2017) Case

That is the case that I bought, and it's worth every penny. It is easily removable for the purposes of placing the device onto your remote for flight, and being able to prop the tablet up with this case makes for a convenient workstation for editing or whatever.

By the way, although the 10.5" iPad Pro is said by some to fit into a P4 series remote mount, I find it to be way too tight for my comfort level. I use a mount extension that I got on Amazon, and within the upper flange, I glued three of those foam ear plugs. They form nicely around the upper edge of the iPad when clicked down and hold it snug and safe.

WCS.jpg

Thanks for the suggestions on the case and the extension with your earplug modification. Like the creative use of earplugs. When looking at iPad case reviews no one considers ease of removing the iPad from the case on a regular basis which I will be doing when flying the drone.

Thanks for the suggestions on the case and the extension with your earplug modification. Like the creative use of earplugs. When looking at iPad case reviews no one considers ease of removing the iPad from the case on a regular basis which I will be doing when flying the drone.

Yeah agreed. When I bought that case at Best Buy, I specifically asked for one that was easy to remove. As it happened the clerk had that same case on an earlier model iPad and I was able to demo taking it off and putting it back on. Sold.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor