iOSD mini, shopping list..

Daninho said:
thanks, it seems that i have to calibrate the voltage in the Naza, its strange that the voltage differs so much but which device should i trust now, the cheap lipo checker from amazon oder the Naza itself? I think i will test the voltage with my battery charger, i hope the charger will not differ as well, then i would have 3 different results.

To the blinking problem, you can update the mini iOSD FW i guess, the software is the same as the bigger iOSD but dont know if that helps. For me its not an issue that the voltage is not blinking when low, i always have an eye on the voltage when flying FPV, maybe you also need the newest naza FW but over all its not a big issue when the voltage not blinks as long as it shows the correct voltage all the time.

Yes, I updated the firmware on the iOSDmini. It made no difference. Also, my home point "diamond" was very inaccurate which is not normal.

On RCG, there is more than one report of the unit failing completely after it was working, and it has the blinking led. So, hopefully the blink and the failure are not related.

Dave Pitman said:
Daninho said:
thanks, it seems that i have to calibrate the voltage in the Naza, its strange that the voltage differs so much but which device should i trust now, the cheap lipo checker from amazon oder the Naza itself? I think i will test the voltage with my battery charger, i hope the charger will not differ as well, then i would have 3 different results.

To the blinking problem, you can update the mini iOSD FW i guess, the software is the same as the bigger iOSD but dont know if that helps. For me its not an issue that the voltage is not blinking when low, i always have an eye on the voltage when flying FPV, maybe you also need the newest naza FW but over all its not a big issue when the voltage not blinks as long as it shows the correct voltage all the time.

Yes, I updated the firmware on the iOSDmini. It made no difference. Also, my home point "diamond" was very inaccurate which is not normal.

On RCG, there is more than one report of the unit failing completely after it was working, and it has the blinking led. So, hopefully the blink and the failure are not related.
hmm, ok, i hope this is not the case. THe only thing i noticed is that the height data is very inaccurate, but i never tested the unit in flight, only at home. Most of the mini iOSD are blinking when i look trough the internet, i would think that not blinking ones are very rare. What Naza FW are you using? Is your PMU V2 also blinking? My PMU V2 showed a constant green LED when i first tested it and then all of a sudden it blinked and that never changed

Daninho said:
hmm, ok, i hope this is not the case. THe only thing i noticed is that the height data is very inacurate, but i never tested the unit in flight, only at home. Most of the mini iOSD are blinking when i look trough the internet, i would think that not blinking ones are very rare. What Naza FW are you using? Is your PMU V2 also blinking? My PMU V2 showed a constant green LED when i first tested it and then all of a sudden it blinked and that never changed

My PMU V2 blinks. I'm not sure if it ever was a solid led or not.

The Naza is using firmware 4.02

Dave Pitman said:
Daninho said:
hmm, ok, i hope this is not the case. THe only thing i noticed is that the height data is very inacurate, but i never tested the unit in flight, only at home. Most of the mini iOSD are blinking when i look trough the internet, i would think that not blinking ones are very rare. What Naza FW are you using? Is your PMU V2 also blinking? My PMU V2 showed a constant green LED when i first tested it and then all of a sudden it blinked and that never changed

My PMU V2 blinks. I'm not sure if it ever was a solid led or not.

The Naza is using firmware 4.02

Ive read the manual again because i couldnt remember that part you told me and it says constant green normal, blinking Led means data communication, red blinking would be error. So data communication can be seen in a two ways, data communication during the software adjustment, when its plugged into the usb port or it could mean data communication with the naza itself, that would mean a blinking led is a sign that it actually works and transfering the data from the naza flight controller. But otherwise for what would be the constant green light then. Did DJI told you the unit is defective when it blinks?
Mine gives kind of wrong height data, it shows like 14m height when its on the ground

Daninho said:
Ive read the manual again because i couldnt remember that part you told me and it says constant green normal, blinking Led means data communication, red blinking would be error. So data communication can be seen in a two ways, data communication during the software adjustment, when its plugged into the usb port or it could mean data communication with the naza itself, that would mean a blinking led is a sign that it actually works and transfering the data from the naza flight controller. But otherwise for what would be the constant green light then. Did DJI told you the unit is defective when it blinks?
Mine gives kind of wrong height data, it shows like 14m height when its on the ground

I was on the fence about the significance of the blinking led, same as you. The low battery icon not working, and the home point diamond discrepancy was what I was concerned with. DJI support, which speaks little english (probably not much German either) simply said in their email response "contact dealer for replacement". I contacted the dealer, told him what was up, he had me confirm that the firmware was the latest (on the iOSD), and when it was confirmed, told me to return it for replacement. I have not yet received a new one.

You will have to decide what to do in your case. Whatever you decide, and whatever the result, please post back here so we can build a reference on the iOSDmini .

Thanks.

Dave Pitman said:
Daninho said:

I was on the fence about the significance of the blinking led, same as you. The low battery icon not working, and the home point diamond discrepancy was what I was concerned with. DJI support, which speaks little english (probably not much German either) simply said in their email response "contact dealer for replacement". I contacted the dealer, told him what was up, he had me confirm that the firmware was the latest (on the iOSD), and when it was confirmed, told me to return it for replacement. I have not yet received a new one.

You will have to decide what to do in your case. Whatever you decide, and whatever the result, please post back here so we can build a reference on the iOSDmini .

Thanks.
ive looked in the german forums now and they all had blinking LEDs, couldnt find one with a constant green LED. There was a guy from Austria who asked DJI and they answered him that the blinking light is ok as long you can see the data on your screen. So i never tested mine and sadly its raining all day here, maybe next week i can test mine in flight but it seems to work on the ground and it always blinked. So i dont know if that is like a large batch of defective devices or normal. I read the thread in RCG about the problem, looks like the iOSD is not so realiable, i can only imagine that i bought my device pretty expensive because it was sold out everywhere, maybe thats why i got old stock that nobody wanted to buy because of the price. I also read from contact problems, the GPS plug has sometimes contact problems

Daninho said:
ive looked in the german forums now and they all had blinking LEDs, couldnt find one with a constant green LED. There was a guy from Austria who asked DJI and they answered him that the blinking light is ok as long you can see the data on your screen. So i never tested mine and sadly its raining all day here, maybe next week i can test mine in flight but it seems to work on the ground and it always blinked. So i dont know if that is like a large batch of defective devices or normal. I read the thread in RCG about the problem, looks like the iOSD is not so realiable, i can only imagine that i bought my device pretty expensive because it was sold out everywhere, maybe thats why i got old stock that nobody wanted to buy because of the price. I also read from contact problems, the GPS plug has sometimes contact problems

I too was thinking that they all must blink, but the other day, I found someone who has an iOSDmini that does not blink and everything on it works, including the low power icon. I'm hoping my next one is like his.

Dave Pitman said:
Daninho said:

I too was thinking that they all must blink, but the other day, I found someone who has an iOSDmini that does not blink and everything on it works, including the low power icon. I'm hoping my next one is like his.
That is strange, i never updated mine, dont need the blinking limits, i set the limits in the naza software. But it can also be the case that the iOSD reacts different when connected to certain Naza m V1 FW Versions, like somebody has Naza V1 3.16 and another one has naza V2 4.0 etc.. So i would say that he majority of the Mini Iosds will blink. Did you see the guys Mini iOSD shows a constant green LED with your own eyes?

Re: iOSD mini, shopping list..blinking LED

I too was thinking that they all must blink, but the other day, I found someone who has an iOSDmini that does not blink and everything on it works, including the low power icon. I'm hoping my next one is like his.[/quote]

When I first bought the IOSD Mini I just connect it to the PMU CAN bus only without the PMU connected to NAZA MC and then power it up.I noticed the green LED turn solid ON.This test was done before fix to the bird.
After the fix power it up I still not notice about the LED state as I was excited looking at data on my screen.Things get up when I realized the Height figure was not display and the diamond not moving.Power cycle the NAZA and making sure the Home Point was properly recorded by looking at Phantom green LED blinking.I stop flying and re-open my bird looking for any loose connection.Nothing abnormality found but the IOSD LED green blinking.
After doing some troubleshooting and update the IOSD FW I noticed on my unit the PMU blinking RED when not connected to NAZA and solid green when connect to NAZA EXP but the IOSD keep green blinking.Removing the video input cable doesn't stop either.My assumption was having a faulty unit after powering up many many times during setup installation and decided to buy a new unit.
New IOSD Mini came and I will not power up until all the wiring and parts are in place.The very first power up doesn't make any different.Its straight goes green blinking.In the first part there is no Distance data and the Diamond freeze even Phantom recorded the Home Point.Soon after the bird take off its so strange the Dist data being displayed and the diamond running accordingly.I managed to fly many flights after without big issue.Only the Height sometime not very accurate.I do love the system but in doubt is that the way IOSD Mini behaves.

Re: iOSD mini, shopping list..blinking LED

Rhenie said:

i think the blinking is normal, i asked everybody who owns a mini iOSd now and they all blink, it means exchange data with the Naza Controller, not USB Port! And distance only shows after starting the motors, i saw in many youtube videos, before you dont see it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20