ios app the best

Reaction score
Was out flying my phantom. 3 yesterday and forgot to Cache my map over wifi before flying.

With the android app version you got to either cache the map before flying or use cellular to get map, guess what?, with no wifi or cellular at all when I turned on my ipad mini 2, wifi only version on, my tx and Phantom 3. It said set home point like it normally say and check map,
Did this and seems the Phantom gets the right location and map, no need to Cache or cellular to download the map.

I believe the android version does not bring up the right map automatically, so another reason why the ios version is better.

No had no wifi on, but did have the whole city map zoomed out already in the ipad, so when my Phantom had connected zoomed to the right location. Never did it on the android version? As a matter of fact the last flight I had was cached and where I did fly yesterday was miles away from my flight on Friday.

Last edited:
No had no wifi on, but did have the whole city map zoomed out already in the ipad, so when my Phantom had connected zoomed to the right location. Never did it on the android version? As a matter of fact the last flight I had was cached and where I did fly yesterday was miles away from my flight on Friday.

I know with ios, you can have our whole city cached and then will zoom I to the aera you fly in. The android version does not seem to do this and you must have the area your going to fly in cached or cellular.

I know with ios, you can have our whole city cached and then will zoom I to the aera you fly in. The android version does not seem to do this and you must have the area your going to fly in cached or cellular.
Android caches just fine.

best regards,

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20