iOS 9.2 or stick with IOS 8.4??

Defiantly dji problem. It's not the only app that had issues. Multitasking was giving front end app only 30% of the processing power, even with multi turned off. With that said dji should have been ready for the 9.0 enhancements prior to release. If your going to use another persons software to run your app, you should have been ready for the release. So in short Apple has some issues not affecting all devices, but dji dropped the ball. When I complained they told me you can always go android.... Really. That's like a gmc not running because of a faulty ignition and gm tells you to go buy a ford until they can fix the issue.

Reactions: Oso
As I am grounded and sit and wait, I thought I would use the flight simulator. Interestingly, it does not work either (that is the video). The plane will fly as you can see on the screen map, but on the video it basically frozen. I am at 250' H and 2500' D and it looks like I am at 5' H and 25' D. So grounded I can't even practice with the simulator. Other than use the little screen map in the bottom corner.

P.S. Thanks Prometric... That makes sense and explains what is going on. I wonder how others who say they are not having any problems, are not???

Defiantly dji problem. It's not the only app that had issues. Multitasking was giving front end app only 30% of the processing power, even with multi turned off. With that said dji should have been ready for the 9.0 enhancements prior to release. If your going to use another persons software to run your app, you should have been ready for the release. So in short Apple has some issues not affecting all devices, but dji dropped the ball. When I complained they told me you can always go android.... Really. That's like a gmc not running because of a faulty ignition and gm tells you to go buy a ford until they can fix the issue.
Yes, unfortunately DJI would've, could've, should've, on several fronts including the Apps that operate the system, but it hasn't been that way since the P3 was released-- they may get it right after a few more SDK apps are released. Despite all that they didn't get right-- it is still the best platform out there for the price.:):) We will just live with the issues for a while until a competitor comes out with the equivalent technology for the same price point.:D:D

bobmyers... does this mean that after spending $1250 + ipad + case +++ that I will just have to live with it sitting in the backpack ???? Am I understanding right????

on a side note, I was one that updated to the ios9 and while using the ipad mini I am getting lag and freezing, but what I have noticed is that while using my headplays and going through the hdmi out on the radio I am not getting any lag or freezing and that starting and stopping video and also taking pics is working flawless.

I keep thinking about updating to IOS 9.2 with my P3A from 8.4, it currently works fine with a bit of lag on 2.7k, update or stay with what I have?? suggestions please

Stay on 8.4

I am thinking on returning to android. This update for IOS has ruined my everything. I use iPad mini 3 with no cell service. Therefore no GPS. Under 8.4 I was able to use my external gps Dual XGPS-150a on my mini 3. DJI GO App would work just fine with the external GPS. That is, until the 9.2 arrival.

Not only my External GPS won't work....also, there is much more lag and lag duration is longer.

It's gotta be the update, right?....Everything worked normal before the update. Now it is not the same.

For things like these is that I know I should've stayed with Android for this DJI platform.

I am getting a nexus.

Last edited:
Just updated my Go app today. Had a look at my flight logs and the red arrow now moves as it should. I am on IOS 9.0.2. Haven't had a chance to fly yet but the new app update seems to have fixed my flight log problem.

I am using a iPhone 6 Plus

Just got my first chance to fly my P3P with IOS 9.0.2 and DJI GO 2.3. Start off great out to 3200'. turned around and flew back and past and at 1500' lost signal. Screen lagged, flickered, lost half of the screen then lost all, it turned black. Stated "lost signal" for about 15 -20 sec. Came back but was frozen for about 10-15 sec. Then it work for about the next 5 minutes and at about 1200' out got message "Weak Video Transmission".

Sure not what I was hopping to get on my first flight with Go 2.3.

Just got my first chance to fly my P3P with IOS 9.0.2 and DJI GO 2.3. Start off great out to 3200'. turned around and flew back and past and at 1500' lost signal. Screen lagged, flickered, lost half of the screen then lost all, it turned black. Stated "lost signal" for about 15 -20 sec. Came back but was frozen for about 10-15 sec. Then it work for about the next 5 minutes and at about 1200' out got message "Weak Video Transmission".

Oh crap! Really [emoji53]

My P3A landed at my home 10 days ago. At this moment my iPhone 6 and iPad Air 2 were upgraded to iOS 9. I start fly my new P3A and I did no experience any problem. I am slowly trying to learn all functions. I update my iOS to 9.0.2 on both devices and I did not experience any problems.

Is your tablet heating up? Sounds similar to my mini 2. I would fly for ten minutes then it would get hot and start to lag.

As I pointed out earlier today, I flew this morning after updating to GO 2.3 and had similar problems as with GO 2.2 (only now my screen turns black instead of gray). I flew again (10-15 minutes) and had same problems. Uninstalled GO, shut off Ipad, re-booted and re-installed GO 2.3. Same problems, but I think even worse. It will begin by the video lagging and freezing, then it will flicker with different parts of the screen turning black, then it will all of the video screen will go black, then it will come back. The whole process will last for 5 to 45 seconds. I am posting some pics of my screen on the last flight.

Again, I am using a P3P with GO 2.3 and a Ipad mini 2 with IOS 9.0.2. Maybe it is a coincidence, but I never had these problems before upgrading to IOS 9x last week. It flew perfect and I had complete confidence in it a mile away. Now I will not take it more than a few feet away.

DJI Problem Pics.jpg

I will check on the heat issue, but I do not think it is my problem. In fact, on my second flight today it was losing the FPV video even before take off. Lost it sitting on the ground 15' away.

Also note, that the HD Video Link Signal Strength that shows the video downlink signal strength between the aircraft and the remote controller is at 5 bars in all of the pics. So, how can there be a 5 bar video strength and a black video screen?

I will check on the heat issue, but I do not think it is my problem. In fact, on my second flight today it was losing the FPV video even before take off. Lost it sitting on the ground 15' away.

Do you have any logs from healthydrones?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT