iOS 9.0.2 test

Reaction score
I ran a battery on autopilot and one on DJI GO. They both worked flawlessly. No issues what so ever. No lag, no signal problems, all the features I tried, worked perfectly.

I am running a iPad Air 2 with the latest DJI firmware and 9.0.2 on my iPad Air 2.

Now if I could just figure out my horizon tilt I'd be all set. I called DJI and they suggested a few option to fix it, which I've already tried. He said best bet is to send it in. Which I am going to do when it get super cold out.

So DJI is fixing the tilted horizon issue?

Sent from my PT beating heart

He said send it in.. I asked if it would be covered under warranty. He said he couldn't say without seeing it. Either way, if not I'll pay to get it fixed. IMO horizon tilt is unacceptable. They should fix it for free but only time will tell.

I agree there. I have one P3P with a very mild one, not bad enough to piss me off. But I do have to correct a couple of degrees in post. Here's a time lapse sunset from the other day.

Yeah i agree, very annoying. Mine gets really bad at times, both ways. Even gimbal roll will not help it.

I ran a battery on autopilot and one on DJI GO. They both worked flawlessly. No issues what so ever. No lag, no signal problems, all the features I tried, worked perfectly.

I am running a iPad Air 2 with the latest DJI firmware and 9.0.2 on my iPad Air 2.

Now if I could just figure out my horizon tilt I'd be all set. I called DJI and they suggested a few option to fix it, which I've already tried. He said best bet is to send it in. Which I am going to do when it get super cold out.
I just down graded the other night because of all the video lag and black outs. Works great on ISO 8.4.1 another thing I noticed on ISO 9.0 was when you did the POI function it really cut out badly. Did you do a POI with the new 9.0.2 ? How far did you fly out?

I just down graded the other night because of all the video lag and black outs. Works great on ISO 8.4.1 another thing I noticed on ISO 9.0 was when you did the POI function it really cut out badly. Did you do a POI with the new 9.0.2 ? How far did you fly out?

I did not use the POI in the go app. I did use orbit in autopilot. Went out 2000', usual distance for the spot.

Reactions: Jbundy63
So DJI is fixing the tilted horizon issue?

Yes they accepted my P3P for this on warranty. Just got it back today. Won't be able to test until next week but don't be surprised if they don't tell you what they did as they didn't for me. Also insist on a pre-paid return shipping label they likely won't offer it without you insisting as I did.

Back to the topic.
Are anyone else fly with IOS 9.0.2 and has no issue of lagging?
Cause on IOS 9.0.1 the DJI GO has lagging issue

I called DJI and they suggested a few option to fix it, which I've already tried. He said best bet is to send it in. Which I am going to do when it get super cold out.

Let me get this straight... You called DJI and actually spoke to someone? You got a real human? They were even helpful? This is shocking news if it is true!

Reactions: punahou90
Buy a lottery ticket Brian! And 9.0.2 is working well in iPad Air, 4 mini, and iPhone 6 - a caveat however; it was all good in 9.0.1 and 9 too.

Flight Logs under any iteration of iOS 9 still won't allow the red arrow to lead the flight path, as it always has and still does under 8.4.1. Instead, the red arrow simply rotates in place at the launch point to reflect the current nose orientation, while the yellow line follows the bird path. If you flew back on the same straight line as you flew out on, you cannot tell where the aircraft is on the return flight in the log.

Flight Logs under any iteration of iOS 9 still won't allow the red arrow to lead the flight path, as it always has and still does under 8.4.1. Instead, the red arrow simply rotates in place at the launch point to reflect the current nose orientation, while the yellow line follows the bird path. If you flew back on the same straight line as you flew out on, you cannot tell where the aircraft is on the return flight in the log.

I am not having this issue with 9.0.2

Tried 9.0.2 and also having the same problem with the flight logs

I am not having this issue with 9.0.2
Everyone else on iOS 9.0.x is. What are you doing differently? Are you sure you understand the issue correctly? I was very specific, but if you don't know what to look for, or haven't seen it before, and know what you are looking for, it can be easy to miss. I just reverified myself again just now that it still exists on both my iOS 9.0.2 devices (Mini 2 and iPhone 6+), but still works correctly on my iOS 8.4.1 iPad Air 2. What device are you using?

Tried 9.0.2 and also having the same problem with the flight logs
Thank you! Further corroberation of what I just confirmed above. Anyone else, other than the one poster above, brianb87, on 9.0.2 seeing the red arrow stuck at the Home Point suddenly fixed in 9.0.2.?

Last edited:
Reactions: BRENTHABBESHAW
Everyone else on iOS 9.0.x is. What are you doing differently? Are you sure you understand the issue correctly? I was very specific, but if you don't know what to look for, or haven't seen it before, and know what you are looking for, it can be easy to miss. I just reverified myself again just now that it still exists on both my iOS 9.0.2 devices (Mini 2 and iPhone 6+), but still works correctly on my iOS 8.4.1 iPad Air 2. What device are you using?
Yes I do understand the issue with flight logs and I am not having this issue. As far as what I'm doing different, I couldn't tell you. All firmware is up to date, iPad Air 2.

Yes I do understand the issue with flight logs and I am not having this issue. As far as what I'm doing different, I couldn't tell you. All firmware is up to date, iPad Air 2.
Thanks for clarifying. That's encouraging. Now if we could only identify what the real issue is that is keeping us from getting the red arrow to lead the flight path in the flight log. Can't just be iOS 9. You have successfully debunked that hypothesis. :) I use an Air 2 myself for flying, but have kept it at 8.4.1 which still displays them correctly. I am understandably reluctant to upgrade it to 9.0.2 just to test it.

Perhaps some other DJI GO app setting related to the syncing is the culprit.
Do you sync your logs after each flight?
Do you sync ALL or just the last 30 days?
Have you tried accessing the synced logs from another iOS device with DJI GO installed on it, to see if they also play correctly from another device (which is closer to my scenario where it fails on synced files retrieved through a different iOS 9.0.2 device).

Has it always worked correctly on your Air 2, even under 9.0.0 and 9.0.1, or was it not working under 9.0.0 and 9.0.1 and is now working under 9.0.2, or did you upgrade directly from 8.4.1 to 9.0.2, so you don't know?

My flying buddy also has the P3, iPad Mini 3- he updated to iOS 9 and is constantly getting monitor transmission interruptions now.
We both flew today and he kept getting the screen blanking out momentarily - and within 700-900' away.
Mine did not.
He took my iPad with iOS 8.4.1 and flew a whole battery's worth without a single blip on the iPad. Perfect.
I will not update until more people report it fixed. He's still on iOS 9 or 9.1
He will be updating to 9.2 soon to see if it's any better

Reactions: Mike Mauk

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl