IOS 11.2.5 incompatible with Phantom 4

I only upgraded to iOS 11 to have the native screen recorder and I am completely happy with iOS 11.2.2 and GO app 3.1.5 after observing several bouts of DJI attempting to solve their crappy app issues in their usual tit-for-tat fashion. I've lost way too many opportunities to fly this winter so far because of the way DJI designers base their newest app versions for use with the latest iOS releases. Not budging an inch and strongly wishing I had stayed on iOS 10.

I’m running the newest DJI Go app, the new firmware along with the latest OS on my iPad and my Phantom 4 so far shows zero issues. I do not have an HDMI module on my RC.

Reading this post had me scared as I just updated my iPad Mini 4 to IOS v11.2.5 yesterday, and I have the HDMI module as well. However, I stopped updating the DJI Go 4 app at v4.1.12, since the 32-channel hack no longer works with any newer version.

I am VERY HAPPY to report that my bird just did a nice 20 minute flight and had no issues whatsoever, so if you can revert to an earlier version of the DJI Go 4 app, then you have another option as well....plus an added bonus that the 32-channel hack still works!

-Stach

Phantom 4 running v02.00.0600 Beta Firmware
GLC300A Controller with the HDMI Module
iPad Mini 4 running IOS v11.2.5
DJI Go v4.1.12

Not sure if everyone is having problems, but I updated my IPad Mini 4 and when I went to fly my P4 it would not connect. I tried both DJI Go4 and Litchi with no success. I have an HDMI module but no longer use my goggles. I swapped out the HDMI module for my original, and when I turned everything on, DJI stated firmware update was required (could be because of the module change). Went ahead with the firmware update, no issues, and when finished, turned it all back on. All seems back to normal, took a few test flights with no problems.

Reactions: Photographicsteve
Not sure if everyone is having problems, but I updated my IPad Mini 4 and when I went to fly my P4 it would not connect. I tried both DJI Go4 and Litchi with no success. I have an HDMI module but no longer use my goggles. I swapped out the HDMI module for my original, and when I turned everything on, DJI stated firmware update was required (could be because of the module change). Went ahead with the firmware update, no issues, and when finished, turned it all back on. All seems back to normal, took a few test flights with no problems.

Captn SeenIsle, the final test for you would be to swap the HDMI module back in, to see if you are still able to connect to the bird and fly.

TIRED! of DJI and Apple crap.
I have:
P4(plain)
DJI GO4 4.2.4
IOS 11.2.5
No HDMI module
FR 02.00.0700
NO CONNECTION to the drone now.

Update the Remote too and rebind if necessary. You’ll be alright mate.

How to update the RC if the screen is DISCONNECTED?
RC has green light next to the 4 white lights which means is connected.
DJI is aware that IOS 11.2.5 is not compatible with GO 4 4.2.4

Last edited:
How to update the RC if the screen is DISCONNECTED?
RC has green light next to the 4 white lights which means is connected.
DJI is aware that IOS 11.2.25 is not compatible with GO 4 4.2.4

You said before that you were disconnected from the P4, not your RC. If you're able to launch the DJI Go 4 app and connect to the controller, then update the controller to the latest version, if you aren't already. Once done with that, rebind the controller to the P4 (I've had to do this after firmware updates before too).

Good luck.

Reactions: Archangel3356
Did you follow Stach’s steps above? Are you connected to the aircraft? Hope all went well for you.

No go.

1.PNG

2.PNG

3.PNG

Sorry to hear this Dracon. Do you Litchi installed? If so can you connect using it?

This RC is from Inspire. Have removed the HDMI long time ago since I only want to extra power from Inspire RC but have no need for HDMI.
I have tried with the original P4 RC and the same problem. Green light is ON but GO 4 is DISCONNECTED.
There is a note from DJI that GO 4 4.2.4 is not compatible with IOS 11.2.5.

This is my point: issue "with HDMI module and Inspire 1 series".

You have no HDMI module (post #9) so should work, but Inspire RC, and everybody is talking about P4 with or without HDMI module, if I'm correct.

There is a another thread on forum about this subject, the fix is that you have to remove Hdmi module from Rc and install non hdmi module to go fly, until dji new firmware will fix issues the current iOS update

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav