Introduction & Short Videos showing off Phantom 3

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Matthew Armstrong. I'm glad to be here and appreciate what I've learned already on the forum.

Below is a short background on me... but first, here's a link to my recent videos made with Phantom 3. I'm a filmmaker by trade but just started flying and - wow - I friggin' love it! Check out these short vids and let me know what you think, will you?

SHORT VIDS w/Phantom 3 SO FAR

BACKGROUND & FIRST CRASHES / LEARNING HOW TO SUCCEED
I just recently bought my first Phantom 2 with H4 gimbal/GoPro4 set up.... on first flight I ruined the gimbal on a RTH that flew into trees. I was an idiot and didn't learn how to override the RTH and had walked about a football field away from home point. When RTH was activated I watched in horror as I had no idea what was going on... the joker suddenly got a mind of its own and started heading towards my apartments!!! (I didn't know at the time that my phantom was doing its job by activating RTH). The phantom 3 came out and after a little research, I bought it. I'm a video professional who has hired other people to fly in my videos in the past. Most of my work is on vimeo and you can see my portfolio at http://shapechange.org

I still plan to hire s900 & s1000's when the job requires it... or an inspire.... but I have to tell you. As someone used to professional quality in aerial videos, I've been frankly shocked at the value the Phantom 3 offers. The most impressive thing is its combined power/performance & gimbal. I've never seen a gimbal so stable... EVER. I can get shots like I'm on a tripod in the sky! It's worked flawless... (save for the important exception outlined below) ....even though I've crashed the P3 three times not far from the ground (once trying to land, fly through a swing set, and once trying to fly off my balcony), yet it still works like it did when I first bought it. Once I re-calibrated the drifting stopped. Sigh of relief there! That being said, the horizon line has been off from the beginning and appears to get better or worse depending on the way I fly. Do you know what I'm talking about? Very odd... I fix it in post production easily but shouldn't have to.

Anyway, as you can see from my videos, I've already gotten some great stuff and its the result of me practicing nearly everyday. I am soooo looking forward to incorporating the P3 in my next short film.

Nice to be apart of the group.

SIncerely,

Matthew

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: RosscoP3S
Check this video out should help fix horizon problem

Nice work by the way

Reactions: shapechange
Check this video out should help fix horizon problem

Nice work by the way

Thank you... I've tried that once. No luck. Not sure I did it perfectly though and didn't get it cold... but house was not hot by any means. I will try again.

Matthew

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.