Internal memory replacement

Reaction score
Sooo I took my drone apart and came about a 4gb class 4 sdcard tacked down...

On it is a FAT32 formatted card with flight log info and about -/+ 800mb space left...

I replaced it with a 16gb class 10 card and yet to fly it...

Anybody done the same and get different results?

Hoping that the speed increase would help writing data and reduce "battery time" from the slower card or I'm I being one of those people that need the best for everything? Mind you I'm a computer tech and must "have the best and top of the line stuff"

I guess what I'm asking is, is it beneficial being a faster card even if just writing logs? And using a lot of data doing it..

Hoping that the speed increase would help writing data and reduce "battery time" from the slower card or I'm I being one of those people that need the best for everything? Mind you I'm a computer tech and must "have the best and top of the line stuff"
I guess what I'm asking is, is it beneficial being a faster card even if just writing logs? And using a lot of data doing it..
You won't see any improvement in anything.
It's just the flight data recorder.
Buying the fastest, most expensive SD cards for the camera won't improve anything either as the speed bottleneck is the camera rather the the card being written to.

The only benefit I noticed is it takes less time to transfer photos/videos from the memory card post-flight.

The only benefit I noticed is it takes less time to transfer photos/videos from the memory card post-flight.

He’s talking about the internal SD card and not the gimbal one [emoji6]

As another says - pointless change ... the internal card has nothing much to do other than provide DJI with evidence to throw out your Warranty claim !!

In fact I am amazed that the change didn't cause a problem ...

Nigel

Reactions: Apilot101
He’s talking about the internal SD card and not the gimbal one [emoji6]
In that case, I suppose you'd be able to transfer flight logs quicker. It sounds like it would be more work than it's worth.

Did you check for hidden files by any chance? I am curious where it stores parameters like RTH altitude or flight instructions. I saw a you tube video of a litchi mission where the pilot forgot to set altitude. He had 4 waypoints with o altitude. He lost rc signal and ac tried and was successful in completing the mission. The mission parameters must be stored some place on the bird.

You won't see any improvement in anything.
It's just the flight data recorder.
Buying the fastest, most expensive SD cards for the camera won't improve anything either as the speed bottleneck is the camera rather the the card being written to.
I had a few spare laying around...
I didn't go buy one just for it.

As another says - pointless change ... the internal card has nothing much to do other than provide DJI with evidence to throw out your Warranty claim !!

In fact I am amazed that the change didn't cause a problem ...

Nigel
It asked for a firmware upgrade (which took 15 seconds) and all was fine...

It has probably a second faster response time from the entire POST. About the only benefit I've seen so far. That and more space for flight logs.

The lights flashed yellow quickly and then after the upgrade turned green.

Flight at 300 feet went without a hitch.

Did you check for hidden files by any chance? I am curious where it stores parameters like RTH altitude or flight instructions. I saw a you tube video of a litchi mission where the pilot forgot to set altitude. He had 4 waypoints with o altitude. He lost rc signal and ac tried and was successful in completing the mission. The mission parameters must be stored some place on the bird.
Good question! I just glanced at the non-system files...

I'll take a closer inspection later tonight with either a partition tool or disassembly tool.

The card I'm talking about is onboard, non-removal.

You have to remove key screws and remove the gimbal to access it.

The card you're probably talking about I've replaced with a 32 gb (smallest available) V90 U-II Class 10 card.

Reactions: godrocksu
I have had a crash and am trying to recover flight data from this internal sd card. I have gotten it removed but when I plug it in to computer it shows all unallocacted space. Nothing readable. Any thoughts?? Win10

I have had a crash and am trying to recover flight data from this internal sd card. I have gotten it removed but when I plug it in to computer it shows all unallocacted space. Nothing readable. Any thoughts?? Win10
There's actually no need to remove it if the AC will still power on and connect to the RC. in the go app in settings tap on "enter flight data mode" and then plug a USB cable into the port on the front of AC (not the gimbal) and then you can transfer the flight data files to a PC.

There's actually no need to remove it if the AC will still power on and connect to the RC. in the go app in settings tap on "enter flight data mode" and then plug a USB cable into the port on the front of AC (not the gimbal) and then you can transfer the flight data files to a PC.

It will power on but will not connect to RC and will not connect to PC.

J

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31