Interesting question on embedding Telemetry / info into video

Reaction score
We all know that Phantoms have option under the Camera menu to have Video Captions enabled ... which then creates an SRT file ... when a suitable video player is used - it then picks this up as a Subtitle caption.

But Youtube and other archive sites do not allow uploading of Video and SRT files separately - so I have a way to embed the info to create a single video file.

Before I detail how I do it ... I'm interested how others solve this one.

To repeat - to avoid any replies that have little or no relevance :

How do YOU compile your SD Card HD video with the SRT video caption data after a flight for upload to online site ?

Here are examples ...

Recorded files

DJI_0001.mp4
DJI_0001.SRT

Videos without embedded caption and with ...

Do you ever think to edit the SRT file before adding to video ?

Nigel

Yes - I'm back again ...

Welcome back Nigel and happy new year sir.

I have used Handbrake (an oldie but goodie) to create a new copy with subtitles burned in. I've done it just a couple of times (a few years ago already) with drone video, but I do it routinely when archiving movies. My wife relies heavily on subtitles when watching movies or the telly.

I too use handbrake - even though without care - it can downgrade the resolution of the final video ...

Others I know use dashware ... but that also downgrades the resolution.

Cheers

happy New Year

Nigel

Any process that decodes an MP4 file and then recodes it back to MP4 or MOV, with or without burning in subtitles, will degrade the video quality. That's the nature of "lossy" compression.

Any process that decodes an MP4 file and then recodes it back to MP4 or MOV, with or without burning in subtitles, will degrade the video quality. That's the nature of "lossy" compression.

Its same with JPG files as well ...

Nigel

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl