Interesting places to fly? - Driving from Dallas to Orlando

Reaction score
Curious if anyone has any suggestions where to stop and fly and get some interesting footage. I’m taking my son and his teammate to Florida for a soccer tournament starting this weekend and thought I’d throw the P4P in the trunk and make a couple of stops along the way. Will be heading down I20 and then down to I10 (I believe that is the freeway). Anyway, not sure if this is even a proper question on this forum. LOL

Just got the P4P a couple of weeks ago and figured this would be a good opportunity to get some additional quick flights in. Will be monitoring the no-fly zones along the route to hopefully keep out of trouble.

Thanks in advance!

Andrew

Curious if anyone has any suggestions where to stop and fly and get some interesting footage. I’m taking my son and his teammate to Florida for a soccer tournament starting this weekend and thought I’d throw the P4P in the trunk and make a couple of stops along the way. Will be heading down I20 and then down to I10 (I believe that is the freeway). Anyway, not sure if this is even a proper question on this forum. LOL

Just got the P4P a couple of weeks ago and figured this would be a good opportunity to get some additional quick flights in. Will be monitoring the no-fly zones along the route to hopefully keep out of trouble.

Thanks in advance!

Andrew

Guessing no. Haha...

Leaving bright and early tomorrow. Wish me luck.

Swing by Destin Florida if you have an extra hour or so. It’s in north Florida. Take Crestview exit off I-10, head south and follow signs to beaches. Excellent beach videos with the drone. I fly it often. Maybe try mobile bay causeway area. After you go through the tunnel on I-10 you will cross a long causeway. Maybe find a place on the east side to pull over and fly over some of the bay areas around the causeway. I’ve never flown there but thought about it. Good luck.

Swing by Destin Florida if you have an extra hour or so. It’s in north Florida. Take Crestview exit off I-10, head south and follow signs to beaches. Excellent beach videos with the drone. I fly it often. Maybe try mobile bay causeway area. After you go through the tunnel on I-10 you will cross a long causeway. Maybe find a place on the east side to pull over and fly over some of the bay areas around the causeway. I’ve never flown there but thought about it. Good luck.

Thank you for the suggestion. I was checking on Destin before I left this morning and everywhere in that area is marked either National Park or Airport traffic and is off limits to shoot. Seems like pretty much all of the coastline shows some sort of alert... I’m in Gulfport, MS tonight and going through AIRMAP trying to find some places long the route. Found a spot off of I10 that I may try in the morning.

I sure appreciate you responding...

Andrew

I’m not from any of the areas you are driving through, so I’m not familiar, but, having a Phantom on board gives you an opportunity to look at the world in a different way. I say look around as you go, and have the boys look around, and when you see something that looks interesting, go for it.

Reactions: AndrewCCM

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor