Interesting..........drone busting!

Reaction score
It would seem that the Americans have thought DJI Drones could be a threat!
In this article they actually tested their new drone zapper against a DJI Phantom 4 Pro!
From this one can conclude that all drones operate in the same 2.4 - 2.483Ghz band? Being this high frequency I would have thought the control range would be somewhat limited or do they use satellites?
I cannot believe that, at these frequencies, their zapper antenna systems are so accurate that they can "aim" at just one drone and not affect any others in the arena, or have things changed that dramatically since I was an electronic engineer in the navy?

6860ab7f38c3d07ee7b2ce9f58948dce.jpg

Yes saw that in email today,,is that on like a atv??pretty cool,,another one I seen is called THOR..another accurate microwave killer,but makes a sitting duck
maxresdefault.jpg

It would seem that the Americans have thought DJI Drones could be a threat!
In this article they actually tested their new drone zapper against a DJI Phantom 4 Pro!
From this one can conclude that all drones operate in the same 2.4 - 2.483Ghz band? Being this high frequency I would have thought the control range would be somewhat limited or do they use satellites?
I cannot believe that, at these frequencies, their zapper antenna systems are so accurate that they can "aim" at just one drone and not affect any others in the arena, or have things changed that dramatically since I was an electronic engineer in the navy?

View attachment 113134hantom 2
I think the Phantom 2's are 5.8Ghz band

Yes they can aim it and yes things have changed drastically.

Fortunately for us the US Armed Forces are at the bleeding edge of electronic technology development. They have an airplane that could fly over Europe and disable all electronics, including all communications, on the ground... pip pip :)

Reactions: Shoot4fun
The ones I saw on TV news was handheld. It was being offered too airport Security. I’m sure that technology will be used worldwide. Fly safe and stay away from airports.

Reactions: Shoot4fun
I'd have to agree with @Capt KO. As with most things, new tech scares some people. Obey the law, fly safe, and don't do stupid stuff. Do everything possible to educate those around you about drones. Show them they're a useful tool, just like a hammer or a gun, that can be used maliciously in the wrong hands. Education is a powerful thing...

I know, I know! I have really bright moments on rare occasions... ?

Brad

Reactions: BigAl07 and Capt KO
Please remember that these portable units for airports are being designed with the help of DJI. It’s definitely in their self interest to help. They are also designing killer drones for the same purpose. The abuse has already occurred so a solution had to be found. It’s not if and when, anymore. One video I saw was a phantom chasing a phantom. The chaser took out the intruder, with the short EMT burst. Sadly they both fell to the ground but I guess to them it’s worth it. I’m sure DJI replaced it willingly.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31