Insurance for your Phantom

Reaction score
Hello all,

In the PV section I wrote that I have an insurance for the Phantom Vision.
Where are Drones, there are crashes so it is very wise to know about what kind of insurance you have. I will try to write
in good English how I organize my insurance.

I have a general insurance for my personal stuff which covers multi rotors as well. Everything what is suddenly broke i get money for it. There is a basic insurance when it is not your fault and i have an insurance if i break things myself (not on purpose of course). Own risk is E100,00 per case.
I can repair my multirotor myself (i talk about the F550 and has NO Naza controller on it, i hope i wont crash my PV) but one time i had a very large crash and i had to replace everything and i claimed it with success. Not all insurance company do this. Some have a limit and some ask extra money for your personal stuff that you take outside. Check your insurance before you fly.

Here is another one. It is the insurance when you damage other things (or people) with your drone. In this case you are responsible for the damage after a crash. Here in Holland there is a club for RC fans, who want to see your insurance papers at the moment you sign up. They told me that once there was a crash indoors and a propeller hit a person in the face with very big wounds. Since then they are very careful with who they let become a member. I was thinking why to fly indoors??? For my feeling a drone is made to fly outside?

I think it is very important to have the right insurance and because one time i had a big crash i want to share it with others and what to do before you start flying. :idea:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl