Installing a Phantom 2 Vision + camera and 3 axis gimbal on a Phantom 2 Vision

Reaction score
I am relatively new to modifications and I was wondering how difficult it is to install a Phantom 2 Vision Plus 3 axis gimbal and camera on a Phantom 2 Vision. I jumped the gun and should have purchased the Plus in the first place but that is history now.

I have been in contact with a seller on eBay who has offered me the following answer in regard to if it is possible; "Yes you can do that conversion. You would also need the camera wiring harness and WiFi transmission module. I have all of it in stock. The wifi range extender on the Vision will work but the one that comes with the vision+ has longer range. I can supply everything needed for $575 and I will include the range extender(listed for $99). I can have it all matched so that it is plug and play".

I am looking for advice if this is a good deal and if the modification is actually as easy as it sounds (plug and play). Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Anxiously waiting for replies to this as well. From what I've seen I don't think it is as "plug and play" easy to install as he says. But if it isn't too difficult, I'm very intrigued.

Anxiously waiting for replies to this as well. From what I've seen I don't think it is as "plug and play" easy to install as he says. But if it isn't too difficult, I'm very intrigued.
Garpt I have decided to go another route after a few emails with the seller of the P2V+ camera for two reasons. 1. The cost and it really isn't as straightforward as it sounds. and 2. I found something that appears to be as good if not better than the Plus camera/gimbal, a Rotorpixel Gimbal which really is plug and play. There is a long thread discussing this gimbal and the price is a little better than the Plus camera/gimbal. Check out www.rotorpixel.com and the thread on Phantom Pilots under RotorPixel Gimbal Technical Discussion.

Reactions: garpt
That is 2D gimbal not 3D. I mod using a china gimbal which is also 2D. Much stabler than stock 1D gimbal. But in very strong wind that the Quad spin by the wind, the video will roll left right a bit. While 3D is more stabler but I *think* nothing is 100% correctable even for 3D gimbals. Am I right 3D gimbal users? Another thread mentioned a successful mod for 3D, haven't got deep into that yet.

Guys I'm a newbie and have only had my P2V for a few months. I'm considering getting a RotorPixel Gimbal and I was wondering how much the FPV transmission is affected without any modifications to the P2V. As I said I'm a newbie and have read the entire RotorPixel Gimbal Technical Discussion thread and would not feel comfortable with making some of antennae mods mentioned. Also without any of the antennae mods how much does adding the RE700 WiFi extender help out? Lastly I'm not looking to get extreme distance enhancements to the P2V just keeping what I have out of the box (for now at least ;-).

Garpt I have decided to go another route after a few emails with the seller of the P2V+ camera for two reasons. 1. The cost and it really isn't as straightforward as it sounds. and 2. I found something that appears to be as good if not better than the Plus camera/gimbal, a Rotorpixel Gimbal which really is plug and play. There is a long thread discussing this gimbal and the price is a little better than the Plus camera/gimbal. Check out www.rotorpixel.com and the thread on Phantom Pilots under RotorPixel Gimbal Technical Discussion.
Good info, Mike- I think the deal is by the time you add up all the mods, you are close if not over the cost of the 2+ or the non-pro 3. Just the way it works with this hobby I guess- So I'll probably learn and get comfortable with the 2 Vision then sell or just upgrade to cut my losses. I truly think the Vision 2 is better for beginners like me because it might be a bit more durable then then the higher end gimbals....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20