Installed new, stiffer gimbal shock absorbers... Does this look too tight?

Reaction score
Per phantomhelp.com I installed the a40 bumpers.. So they feel much better than the stock ones which literally bounce around like real Jello.. So the fit has then bracket a little closer than I expected to the bottom of the body. Does this look Ok? I don't want to fly it before I'm sure it's not crushing the cables too much or something. I don't think the third axis motor is touching it either.. But really would appreciate some input!

Thanks!
511f5a4e2b82e5b8974448b597c2b9e6.jpg

361c2db1e8bbb8b868048b9d1021af6d.jpg

7da4826f8932d360dc53c5fd15ef0162.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

They are not shock absorbers, they are vibration dampers and you want them as loose as possible. Like the original ones. Being loose and very flexible they prevent most of the vibration from the main body to the gimbal. You WANT them to bounce around like Jell-o in order to perform their function of isolating vibrations. You also need to loosely safety them so that the gimbal doesn't depart the Phantom in case of a hard landing.

Here's how I safetied the gimbal on my P2:

They are not shock absorbers, they are vibration dampers and you want them as loose as possible. Like the original ones. Being loose and very flexible they prevent most of the vibration from the main body to the gimbal. You WANT them to bounce around like Jell-o in order to perform their function of isolating vibrations. You also need to loosely safety them so that the gimbal doesn't depart the Phantom in case of a hard landing.

Here's how I safetied the gimbal on my P2:
Thank you... I am just confused on the conflicting info from other sources such as "phantomhelp.com".. Saying the A40's are better than the stock ones?

The "Jello" issue people are getting has nothing to do with vibration dampers and everything to do with video/camera settings. Some amount of vibration will make it to the camera, no matter what. That vibration can easily be hidden by setting the shutter speed to double the frame rate. Stiffening the dampers only increases vibration, or changes the frequencies that are transmitted.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20