Installed ITELITE DBS PHANTOM ANTENNA for my P3 4K, assistance needed (pictures included)

Reaction score
So I got my ITELITE ITE-DBS01_v.3 - DBS PHANTOM ANTENNA in the mail for my Phantom 3 4k and as expected, it came with zero instructions. I haven't done anything like this before, so it is above my head and I'm in deep waters here.

So when I took out the old antennas I didn't keep good enough track which cables went to which ports on the RC, and had to do a bit of guess work on where the new cables go.

Also, does anyone happen to know what will happen if you plug the wrong antenna cable into the wrong port, either on the RC's motherboard or into the wrong jack on the ETELITE itself?

Here are some pictures of how I currently have it laid out, with reference letters / numbers for easy referencing.

I just am trying to determine if I have the right cables going to the right places. My drone powers on and fly's without errors as configured, however I'm seeing zero increased range. Perhaps slightly LESS range than my stock antennas.

Any help for someone way over their head would be appreciated lol

- Ashmai

Internal
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/53659147/drone/RC1.jpg

External
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/53659147/drone/RC2.jpg

look on youtube are some videos on it

find msinger on here he will tell you if its right or wrong

#2 is 5.8 and goes to port 1 on the panel
RC1.jpg

Reactions: J Dot and flpholt
I think c should be number 1 doesn't look right to me just wait he will jump in soon he is allways on here

Reactions: dirkclod
yep c to number 1

I think we have a bingo

You are saying the hole I have labeled 2, which I have plugged into motherboard port "C" currently, goes to the "Port 1" on the external ITELITE box?
Yes

**** I don't have it like that now, I'm certain!

So if this is the case, you are saying I should do;

C -> 1

What about A & B? Which panel ports do they plug into.
don't matter

Reactions: J Dot
So as long as "C" goes to Port 1 on the ITLITE, the other two are interchangeable. Ok, going to go test this out. Will let you guys know, thanks a million.
No problem, what were you getting in distance stock ?

Reactions: J Dot
awesome hope it works out great for you

wow you should double that at least

My max distance so far stock was 2,669 ft
You must be where theirs a lot of noise or not aiming right or have a bad one .
Have only made about 16 flights with mine and this was my best run out of about 4 long ones .
My new panel will arrive tomorrow and will see what I get then .
IMG_3779.PNG

You must be where theirs a lot of noise or not aiming right or have a bad one .
Have only made about 16 flights with mine and this was my best run out of about 4 long ones .
My new panel will arrive tomorrow and will see what I get then .
View attachment 52076

WOW... Yah, I'm nowhere near that, before my panel arrived, I had about 10 flights. Most of them near communities or houses. I did take it into the country 2 days ago, and could have pushed it lots farther, but just circled a lake with it.

After work I'm going to take it out and test the new panel. I just did a quick flight test over my house, and my distance was about twice what I normally get in this area.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl