Inexpensive antenna extender

Hi. I still a unluky owner of p3s. I'm going to find some answer for rc issue.
I saw in every fly rc signal variation depending drone rotation on y axis..... from full strengt to zero.
Sometimes i need to quick rotate the bird to keep rc signal to avoid rth.
Is possible that one of two bird dipole dont work? The internal cable are ok. I try with two other antenna but problem persist. Is normal?

Hi. I still a unluky owner of p3s. I'm going to find some answer for rc issue.
I saw in every fly rc signal variation depending drone rotation on y axis..... from full strengt to zero.
Sometimes i need to quick rotate the bird to keep rc signal to avoid rth.
Is possible that one of two bird dipole dont work? The internal cable are ok. I try with two other antenna but problem persist. Is normal?
It's the RC signal that drops, not the Wi-Fi signal? I've had this happen, but usually toward the end of its range. If at the range that I'm going to lose signal soon and then I turned the craft 90 degrees. At what range is that happening with you?

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Last edited:
It's the RC signal that drops, not the Wi-Fi signal? I've had this happen, but usually toward the end of its range. If at the range that I'm going to lose signal soon and then I turned the craft 90 degrees. At what range is that happening with you?

Yes. Only rc signal. Its happen after 100m
I would like to check both Bird dipole.

Im waiting for 2 way 2w amplifier and stepup power supplier. If will not affect the distance the 2w 5.8 i'll sell p3s.

Yes. Only rc signal. Its happen after 100m
I would like to check both Bird dipole.
Not sure if you had checked yet, but I would check all the antenna cables to make sure they have not come loose. All three in the remote and at least the two wifi ones on the AC.

Not sure if you had checked yet, but I would check all the antenna cables to make sure they have not come loose. All three in the remote and at least the two wifi ones on the AC.
In the rc i have dbs with new cable. In the bird there are two dipole and one ceramic internal. I think that the two dipole are 5.8 and internal ceramic one for 2.4 its right?
I have changed the two dipole with two female connector and two cloverleaf antenna but nothing was change.
You make me crazy when you said 'the two wifi in ac' i think the two antenna is for 5.8.

In the rc i have dbs with new cable. In the bird there are two dipole and one ceramic internal. I think that the two dipole are 5.8 and internal ceramic one for 2.4 its right?
I have changed the two dipole with two female connector and two cloverleaf antenna but nothing was change.
You make me crazy when you said 'the two wifi in ac' i think the two antenna is for 5.8.
They both have two antennas. The two 5.8 GHz are the ones in the legs. The wifi 2.4 GHz are both in the AC, one to the left and right on the battery. It's the gray and black wires that come out of the gimbal.

They both have two antennas. The two 5.8 GHz are the ones in the legs. The wifi 2.4 GHz are both in the AC, one to the left and right on the battery. It's the gray and black wires that come out of the gimbal.
Ok....it sounds good. I put two female connector on the legs with two new cable and connector on pcb but i think the problem is on 5.8 trasmitter.

Ok....it sounds good. I put two female connector on the legs with two new cable and connector on pcb but i think the problem is on 5.8 trasmitter.
I think I read an earlier post of yours that you used cloverleaf antenna on your AC. Refresh my memory that you've also added a DBS to your RC. Because if that's true those two types of antennas don't work well together.

I think I read an earlier post of yours that you used cloverleaf antenna on your AC. Refresh my memory that you've also added a DBS to your RC. Because if that's true those two types of antennas don't work well together.

I never try cloverleaf and dbs. Ally test was with argtek. I dont know if there is a good compatibility with argtek. Last month i looked for two big 5.8 dipole like wifi 8db but i didn't find it.
Now im waiting for amplifier. I hope the power supply form rc with small 1.5amp stepup can be useful without problem.

I never try cloverleaf and dbs. Ally test was with argtek. I dont know if there is a good compatibility with argtek. Last month i looked for two big 5.8 dipole like wifi 8db but i didn't find it.
Now im waiting for amplifier. I hope the power supply form rc with small 1.5amp stepup can be useful without problem.
If your intention is to use the battery within the remote, I would not suggest that. I believe that is only 3.7 volts and an app would require 5 volts at the minimum, possible even 12-volt depending on the app.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31