Incredible 5+ mile flight of the Phantom 3

Incredible, yes ! Stupid and irresponsible certainly ! You are using your drone without respecting any of the FFA rules !

First, get it correct. What you mention is future possible FAA restriction. It's not currently a restriction in any fashion. I'll make this simple... you know that "tear here" writing on many packages? Same thing. No one is going to bust down your door because you torn a different corner.

Second, before you call someone stupid... you need to make really sure you are not the idiot who has it wrong.

First, get it correct. What you mention is future possible FAA restriction. It's not currently a restriction in any fashion. I'll make this simple... you know that "tear here" writing on many packages? Same thing. No one is going to bust down your door because you torn a different corner.

Second, before you call someone stupid... you need to make really sure you are not the idiot who has it wrong.
"Can't we all just get along"o_O

I don't think letting someone know that they need to have some manners is counter productive.
Thought I would try to lighten the moment with a little humor. Sorry:)

The government is going to find the best way to make the most money off of our hobby . Commercial and recreational license fees will be number 1 priority. It's all about the money. That is what will drive any new regulations .

500m is vertical limit only

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Oh, the FCC will probably will be involved to, because of signal strength at 5 miles when it is only supposed to reach 1.2 miles. An oh yes, don't forget about Homeland Security, the Secret Service, the Military, the Environmental Protection Agency, the US Parks and Wildlife Department, and the Department of Agriculture, The Capitol Police. The list goes on-- drones are high profile-- and the attention will not go away soon:eek:o_O:mad:.
Making up "rules" again? The FCC is already involved. Nearly every electronics device sold inside the United States must be reviewed to comply with Part 15 before it can be advertised or sold in the US market. Every unlicensed device including our Phantoms go through an FCC acceptance process. This is the product as shipped. It doesn't matter to the FCC if your range is ten feet or ten miles as long as the equipment is used "as shipped". If you modify your gear with a gain antenna, then you may have violated 47 CFR 15.204 "External Amplifiers And Antenna Modifications".

Reactions: phantom13flyer
I don't care how far you fly, as long as you do it safely. What I AM worried about is the brain dead drone pilots that decided it was a good idea to swarm a wild fire where homes and cars are burning, and people are running along the highway to get to safety, and the water drops had to be diverted because 5 STUPID people decided they needed to film it. This is the kind of flying that will get all drones banned here in Kalifornia. Dian FInestine is already making noise about the proposed FAA rules not being restrictive enough, and she is pouncing on every one of these irresponsible cases to make her point. I have seen no less than 5 prime time news stories about this incident. If we as pilots keep this up they will legislate us out of a hobby.

Oh, the FCC will probably will be involved to, because of signal strength at 5 miles when it is only supposed to reach 1.2 miles. An oh yes, don't forget about Homeland Security, the Secret Service, the Military, the Environmental Protection Agency, the US Parks and Wildlife Department, and the Department of Agriculture, The Capitol Police. The list goes on-- drones are high profile-- and the attention will not go away soon:eek:o_O:mad:.

So much fear mongering..... wow. next the tooth brushes....

Well here ya go then... simple tandem battery mod used since back in the Phantom 1 days... NanoTech 1000mAh 4 X2 .... saddlebag style... wired in parallel ... soldered at main board power lugs... getting into the **** shell is probly the hardest part of this mod.

11722294_10207359010523261_3913517488865944331_o.jpg

11054313_10207359005003123_6160709675511290419_o.jpg

11717456_10207359001563037_4875874898843061210_o.jpg

11717548_10207359014083350_837255545415510018_o.jpg
What charger are you usinig for thse batteries

Notice the antenna mod at the end? Use google?

He also added extra batteries to get that distance as the antenna gave it range that could FAR outlast the battery.

Notice the antenna mod at the end? Use google?

He also added extra batteries to get that distance as the antenna gave it range that could FAR outlast the battery.
How did he add extra batteries to it?

I don't care how far you fly, as long as you do it safely. What I AM worried about is the brain dead drone pilots that decided it was a good idea to swarm a wild fire where homes and cars are burning, and people are running along the highway to get to safety, and the water drops had to be diverted because 5 STUPID people decided they needed to film it. This is the kind of flying that will get all drones banned here in Kalifornia. Dian FInestine is already making noise about the proposed FAA rules not being restrictive enough, and she is pouncing on every one of these irresponsible cases to make her point. I have seen no less than 5 prime time news stories about this incident. If we as pilots keep this up they will legislate us out of a hobby.
We all know that it was the TV guys flying those drones.
Nobody else could get close enough.

Making up "rules" again? The FCC is already involved. Nearly every electronics device sold inside the United States must be reviewed to comply with Part 15 before it can be advertised or sold in the US market. Every unlicensed device including our Phantoms go through an FCC acceptance process. This is the product as shipped. It doesn't matter to the FCC if your range is ten feet or ten miles as long as the equipment is used "as shipped". If you modify your gear with a gain antenna, then you may have violated 47 CFR 15.204 "External Amplifiers And Antenna Modifications".
Another good reason for FPV pilots to get a Ham radio license. Even a technitions license allows you to operate unlicensed equipment in the 2.4 and 5.8 Ghz ranges. Now they even provide instructions for operating model aircraft (how to identify since you can not broadcast your call sign).

The only real draw back is you may spend a bunch of money getting a nice transceiver ;)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj