In plain English please...the difference between atti and P modes

I use it to see the wind speed. Don't want to use half a battery going down wind and then cant get home.
I fly in all directions and note the speed of the phantom from each direction and use that info for how much it takes to get the bird back flying from that direction. I use the atti to find out where the wind is blowing. I reserve the atti for extra power getting back. One other important thing to remember with atti is you don’t get assisted breaking. I erroneously went from sport mode to atti thinking I was in p mode and almost lost the bird to an electric post 10 feet behind me.

Just a added question. Does atti mode use less battery? Sense it's not working as much to keep potion? I've only used it briefly but didnt pay attention to power usage. Would make sense to me you would gain a little more battery time in this mode.

Just a added question. Does atti mode use less battery? Sense it's not working as much to keep potion? I've only used it briefly but didnt pay attention to power usage. Would make sense to me you would gain a little more battery time in this mode.

It uses less power in the absence of any stick inputs because it simply stays level, which is the lowest motor power configuration. When actively flying there is not going to be a significant difference in power consumption, which is simply a function of climb/descent rate and aircraft tilt angle.

Reactions: BigAl07
In P-mode, your Phantom will hold its horizontal position automatically by using the location data from its internal GPS receiver.

In A-mode (ATTI), your Phantom will not attempt to hold its horizontal position. It will drift with the wind when the sticks are in the center position.

Check out the "Flight Mode" section of the Phantom 4 manual for more details on the various flight modes.
One other difference: in P mode the aircraft will brake itself to a stop when the stick is centered. In ATTI mode there is no braking. It will continue to coast and maybe smash into something.

Reactions: pilot2
It uses less power in the absence of any stick inputs because it simply stays level, which is the lowest motor power configuration. When actively flying there is not going to be a significant difference in power consumption, which is simply a function of climb/descent rate and aircraft tilt angle.
Thanks. I'm at the beach on vacation and been using it a bit. Seems to help.

Different requirements for different chores. My 'atti' is that I like GPS mode. As a photographer, I need precise location control, maximum stability and no drift. When I am composing, I am positioning for some time and then switch my brain over to the camera controls and the creative process. During this whole time and at that moment of exposure GPS is my friend. While photographing, I may enter a danger zone or approach an obstacle because I'm not constantly looking at all the data on the screen. Then I am grateful for the warning systems and obstacle avoidance features of my P4P v2.

Reactions: pilot2
Different requirements for different chores. My 'atti' is that I like GPS mode. As a photographer, I need precise location control, maximum stability and no drift. When I am composing, I am positioning for some time and then switch my brain over to the camera controls and the creative process. During this whole time and at that moment of exposure GPS is my friend. While photographing, I may enter a danger zone or approach an obstacle because I'm not constantly looking at all the data on the screen. Then I am grateful for the warning systems and obstacle avoidance features of my P4P v2.
I understand and agree. Im just shooting some footage off shore so there's not obstacles to worry about. Just drifting away which I keep a close eye on distance and direction. And Pmode is your friend in tight places. Thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues