IMU Calibration Problem

Reaction score
Having problem calibrating IMU in Phantom 3 Pro. Finally had a nice day to fly but GO app said to calibrate IMU. When I got into calibration menu none of the boxes had any numbers showing. Clicking Check IMU and Calibrate IMU did nothing. Even waited until the Phantom's battery reached 50%. Phantom flew without problems last time and I had no crashes. Followed all the procedures: Fully charged batteries, cool bird and battery, level surface away from any magnetic material. Any ideas?

Having problem calibrating IMU in Phantom 3 Pro. Finally had a nice day to fly but GO app said to calibrate IMU. When I got into calibration menu none of the boxes had any numbers showing. Clicking Check IMU and Calibrate IMU did nothing. Even waited until the Phantom's battery reached 50%. Phantom flew without problems last time and I had no crashes. Followed all the procedures: Fully charged batteries, cool bird and battery, level surface away from any magnetic material. Any ideas?
I'd try de/reinstalling the GO App as a starter. I had to do this when the installed version resolutely refused to allow me to calibrate the compass. Deleted, reinstalled and bingo, all was well again so happy days....

I'd try de/reinstalling the GO App as a starter.
Thanks for the tip.
I reinstalled the app but still no joy. Sensors screen just shows blank boxes and pressing calibrate does nothing. I have been using a Samsung Galaxy Tap but tried with an iPad mini as well with the same results

Update: Before I had problems with IMU calibration I had updated the Transmitter via the DJI Go app. Then when I went to fly the Calibrate IMU warning appeared and when trying to calibrate there was no responce. Now I switched to a friends transmitter and the calibration now went off without a hitch. Looks like the update to the TX was the problem. No how do I fix this problem?

Can you connect to bird? Start RC then tablet then bird, when it connects see if it shows in the dji app, top right corner(3 bars) to general settings, then scroll down to About>version should show there.

If it doesn't show up there in app, download to your PC, the zip file from DJI, the latest FW version. Unzip and place .bin file in root on your sd card, then insert into bird and start bird ONLY nothing else.

If it needed an update it will take it if not it won't.

Pull sd card after bird is powered down and insert sd card in PC. See if it has a .txt file.
Simply read the sd card .txt file to see what happened "Successful", "Aborted"

Update: Before I had problems with IMU calibration I had updated the Transmitter via the DJI Go app. Then when I went to fly the Calibrate IMU warning appeared and when trying to calibrate there was no responce. Now I switched to a friends transmitter and the calibration now went off without a hitch. Looks like the update to the TX was the problem. No how do I fix this problem?

Hi am having this same issue , I get no numbers in sensor boxes for imu and the lights just keep flashing yellow after power up , can you plz help ?

Hi am having this same issue , I get no numbers in sensor boxes for imu and the lights just keep flashing yellow after power up , can you plz help ?
Can you connect to bird? Start RC then tablet then bird, when it connects see if it shows in the dji app, top right corner(3 bars) to general settings, then scroll down to About>version should show there.

If it doesn't show up there in app, download to your PC, the zip file from DJI, the latest FW version. Unzip and place .bin file in root on your sd card, then insert into bird and start bird ONLY nothing else.

If it needed an update it will take it if not it won't.

Pull sd card after bird is powered down and insert sd card in PC. See if it has a .txt file.
Simply read the sd card .txt file to see what happened "Successful", "Aborted"
Thanks. I'll try to update via SD card today and report back.

OK. All is well. I updated the firmware and then everything was back to normal. I think there should be a warning to update the aircraft firmware Before the RC transmitter. Thanks Air Ontario:)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl