Imposing lines/boundaries in Litchi Mission Hub

Also BigAl, I didn't see this mentioned, but DroneHarmony will let you construct a 3D model and design a waypoint mission that will avoid obstacles. Using a map overlay (googleearth like), you can draw 3D shapes on top of structures (trees, buildings, anything really) on the map (OR ONES THAT ARE NOT THERE, hint, hint), and design speed, altitude, camera angles, etc. as waypoint missions.

My first impression of this tool was that onboard obstacle avoidance tech. would render this obsolete. This is NOT the case. If you check out the vids or the tools themselves, you will see the point.

Best,

Unless something has changed DH is only written for Android devices and we operate IOS devices exclussively so DH isn't an option.

Sadly, if you spend any time on the discovery pages of Litchi Hub, you will indeed see WHERE others have flown and made vids. However, more times than not, the vides ARE NOT the litchi missions as flown/designed and sometimes not the missions at all!
That’s a whole bowl of wrong.

Reactions: umanbean
I've never heard that one before LOL. I'll have to remember it :)

It made me think of Cheerios - with beer instead of milk! ROTFL :D

Reactions: BigAl07
It made me think of Cheerios - with beer instead of milk! ROTFL :D

Wasn't that in The Big Lebowski?... or some movie? Don't know where I remember that from LOL

Anyway, BigAl... just wanted to thank you for the lessons in this thread... a lesson in persistence, ingenuity, and taking other's advice and melding it into a solution to a problem.

BTW, could you point me in the general direction of how to do a descending spiral? I need that technique in my toolbox.

Anyway, BigAl... just wanted to thank you for the lessons in this thread... a lesson in persistence, ingenuity, and taking other's advice and melding it into a solution to a problem.

I had a problem that HAD to be solved in order to satisfy one of my clients so I had to stay on it or potentially have to do it all manually. Don't get me wrong I can fly like a champ in MANUAL modes and do so safely but this much climbing/descending while spiraling and keeping a POI is a 2-person operation and very stressful. Add to it we have to clear the jobsite to do it which can be a real pain in the rear when you have to do multiple shoots because you goofed the gimbal or yaw LOL. By doing this automated we can get it right the first time and it's easily repeatable which is what the Director requires.

BTW, could you point me in the general direction of how to do a descending spiral? I need that technique in my toolbox.

I wish I could take full credit but I have no idea where I got that from. I've had it since I first got Litchi on my P3 and "borrowed" the initial one from a fellow Litchhi user. IIRC I got it from a Litchi FaceBook group. Here are 2 different possible sources:
Litchi App Users

Litchi

I can SHARE this one with you but you'll have to TWEAK it to fit your exact needs as this one is built to "Fit" into the job site we have. Actually it was "Built" to fit into another site but it works in the new one with now tweaks so I sort of cheated LOL. I'd have to go back and research it again to figure out the "Tweaks" LOL. It's been a while.

Shoot me a PM and we can figure out the logistics of it.

Reactions: umanbean
Shoot me a PM and we can figure out the logistics of it.

Thanks! I have to go to work shortly but will get in touch with you later if that's okay.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic