IMPORTANT: DJI Go app 2.50/2.51 enables GEO functionality

2.4.2 update is great too. No unlocking involved :D

I've heard. I just got the P3S on Tuesday so when I downloaded the app I didn't realize the NFZ issues. Is there a way to get a previous version?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Personally I'm not sure. I'm not rolling forward to find out.
Only thing you could try would be uninstall , clean the device, and install old version. If you update firmware it may be included as well.

Looks like they have cleaned up cali a bit .... So does it matter if you have 4.4.2 or 4.2.3 or 4.5 ?? Or now they all have the new NFZ's?

c8f22def605b93fba779dceec42e901f.jpg

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Just installed the Android Beta* (2.4.4), not much better. The NFZ's are yellow instead of red, but it just comes up with this:

"GEO System: GEO System has detected a nearby Authorization Zone (Recreational Airports). Please visit DJI - The World Leader in Camera Drones/Quadcopters for Aerial Photography to unlock"

There's no in-app unlock, and the DJI - The World Leader in Camera Drones/Quadcopters for Aerial Photography system has no effect. One thing I did notice is there's no error checking of the input serial number. It's hard to know whats a Zero vs. Letter O. I tried both and both are listed as valid unlocks. If I go to Home > Me > My Unlock NFZ Application, I see both attempts at unlocking there as "Valid"

* https://s3.amazonaws.com/wiki-downl...ng-beta/DJI-151230-59-release-fly_unlimit.apk

Last edited:
Not that I would exploit it, but This was my map earlier today. Big difference between this and what you guys show on 2.5.
Not that I would exploit it, but this was today on 2.4. For those of you who know this location you will see the big difference in 2.4 to 2.5
Screenshot_2016-01-15-12-04-55.png

Purchased an android tablet to use the beta Geofencing app. Was finally able to fly. Then today new app is updated and now nearly 3/4 of the NFZ have disappeared

I think it just defaults to showing the two closest NFZ's in the Android beta. Either that or SFO is no longer a NFZ! ;)

LO9jLem.jpg

Last edited:
I also installed DJI App 2.5.1 and noted following:

1. There seems to be a clean up n maps but that may not be due to this release. It could be server data.

2. I didn't see any yellow areas, only NFZs were displayed.

3. Sizes of the NFZs vary from place to place. Smaller airports had 2.5 km diameter, major airport such as San Francisco had 5km diameter. Per FAA guidelines they should have 5miles radius. Am I right?

4. No other difference found compared to earlier version 2.50

5. During detailed investigation, it's found that RC stores the last captured maps. This means that even if you disable Internet and GPS on the device, it will not allow you to fly in NFZ areas. Not sure how will it act if you move to a totally different location away from the captured maps, say 200 miles away, with Internet and GPS disabled on your device.

Reactions: jimerb
Is anyone else on IOS 2.43 still not getting any zone notifications? I'm baffled others are getting zones and I am still not. I feel marooned & lucky at same time.

I haven't upgraded to 2.5.0.

So from where we stand right now, Am I going to have problems tomorrow when I start flying?

I'm in an authorization zone. I've been holding off upgrading until this works out.

I haven't upgraded to 2.5.0.

So from where we stand right now, Am I going to have problems tomorrow when I start flying?

I'm in an authorization zone. I've been holding off upgrading until this works out.
If you have DJI App 2.43, you will see NFZs tomorrow when go for flying.

Is anyone else on IOS 2.43 still not getting any zone notifications? I'm baffled others are getting zones and I am still not. I feel marooned & lucky at same time.
You seem to be lucky that you don't have NFZs in and around 75 miles of you per DJI's database.

Last edited:
If you have DJI App 2.43, you will see NFZs tomorrow when go for flying.

Thank you alokbhargava. You are doing a great job in keeping this VERY long thread manageable.

Will I be grounded tomorrow? Should I upgrade to the latest app?

Thank you alokbhargava. You are doing a great job in keeping this VERY long thread manageable.

Will I be grounded tomorrow? Should I upgrade to the latest app?
Try your luck with 2.4.3 tomorrow and let us know.

You will find the summary of the latest findings on post #1

We so far do not know what was fixed in release 2.51. We have so far seen clean up of NFZs data.

I want to also say "Thank-you" Mikey... I mean alokbhargava, for continually upgrading and reporting the problems. I do not have the time or desire to try to upgrade when you can not go back to something that use to work perfectly. I learned my lesson with the Sept GO and IOS updates. Never again. So thanks a lot for your time and information.... I will be sure to stay on GO- 2.4.1, FW- 1.4.10 and RC- 1.4.30... they are working like a dream as they did all last spring and summer before updating in Sept.

Reactions: Apilot101
I want to also say "Thank-you" Mikey... I mean alokbhargava, for continually upgrading and reporting the problems. I do not have the time or desire to try to upgrade when you can not go back to something that use to work perfectly. I learned my lesson with the Sept GO and IOS updates. Never again. So thanks a lot for your time and information.... I will be sure to stay on GO- 2.4.1, FW- 1.4.10 and RC- 1.4.30... they are working like a dream as they did all last spring and summer before updating in Sept.
How do you know my real name? :)

Good info that GO- 2.4.1, FW- 1.4.10 and RC- 1.4.30...works like a charm with no NFZs.

You seem to be lucky that you don't have NFZs in and around 75 miles of you per DJI's database.

Thank you much for all your help on this entire situation. I always check on any new posts you make as soon as i come on here, Huge help.

I've got 2.4.3 on droid and have a few red zones. Funny thing is that the red zones are at small air strips that barely get used except by crop dusters during farming season. None have any services or towers. The local international air field with tower, services, and at least one runway over 9000' long has no red. I'm thinking it's about time to look at the Yuneecs.

Reactions: erkme73

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl