Immediate loss of video on DJI Go App

Reaction score
Firstly, I apologize for not getting a screenshot, so I'll try to describe in detail what occurred.

Setup:

Phantom 3 Professional
IPad Air 2
Battery fully charged just prior to flying
All parameters within (what I would call normal) range (i.e. strong RC signal, strong HD feed)
Location - Beach area, no houses within 2 miles, no cell phone towers within 8-10 miles

Situation:

After takeoff and 1 minute wait and review of parameters (compass values, satellite number, HD signal and RC signal) I flew straight out and between 100 and 130 feet the DJI go app live feed went immediately black with the "DJI" Logo center screen.*
All other normal parameters were displayed across the top, Signal Strength, Flight Mode ("Safe to Fly", P-GPS), HD signal (100%)). There was no video breakup or decreasing HD signal.
The odd part was the immediate loss and the "DJI" logo, I have lost video feed before but it was gradual, with the video breaking up and then going away coupled with a "weak transmission signal warning".
When reviewing the video in the DJI Go App (recorded from feed), it froze for 2-3 seconds, then went black.

Remedy:
Landed. Verified all flight parameters. Verified HD channel set to "Auto". Restarted DJI Go and aircraft. All was well afterwards.

Question:
Has anyone seen this before? My concern is the live feed went immediately black with the "DJI" Logo center screen.

If it occurs again, I will take a screenshot and post.

I haven't review the video on the SD card yet, but I have a terribly nagging feeling that this issue did not originate in the DJI Go App, but in the camera or wiring associated with the hardware.

Any insight is appreciated.

Post the txt file from the Flight Record folder here. Upload the txt file here same as if a image to the post.

Edit: btw, my guess for now is the device being used to run the GO app being the problem.

Last edited:
After review of the logs, the aircraft was performing normally. The issue was with the camera. It has sense resolved itself, but I will keep an eye on it.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj