Image Transmission Pixelating/Banding with Nvidia Shield K1

Flyingcircles- I;ve had that "banding" issue, i'm using the K-1 also.
I thought it had something to do with my cable -shield to RC, & a switch to another cord fixed it , but, it happened again yesterday, for a few minutes, at furthest waypoints,
I thought cause was the distance from bird to RC, but, it kept up as i brought her back home too.
Interested to see if anyone has any thoughts on this too

are you having this in the actual video stream you are watching when flying?
or
as the OP , only when replaying internal cached 720 video?

if during the streaming video drop the rc fw to 1.6

I had the Nexus 7 2012 2nd gen when I went through my troubles. I later bought the nVidia k1 shield when the GO app had grown by adding more processes and the tablet could no longer keep up. Btw, since that time the GO app developers remove or add processes. So there are times when some tablets work, and other times they may not.

You should at least do the test I mentioned and look for interference while moving the aircraft around when recording.

"...Btw, since that time the GO app developers remove or add processes. So there are times when some tablets work, and other times they may not..."

you can say that again!

Wondering if it may be the SD card in the K1? That is if you have your K1 set to use the card as internal memory.

I do have a 64g SD Card but the cache video is saved to the tablet's memory. I will remove the SD Card to eliminate any potential compatibility issues. Thanks for your input.

If it were me, I'd do a factory reset, update the K1 (if available) and reinstall DJI-Go. If that doesn't work, I'd go shopping for a new device...
Unless it's RF interference from another device, like a phone in your pocket...

I recently went through this same issue and discussed it with DJI. They offered a terrific response. The Nvidia Shield K1 tablet is not on the approved list." Very helpful. I still don't have the answer but I hate to give up on my K1.

Reactions: FlyingCircles
I recently went through this same issue and discussed it with DJI. They offered a terrific response. The Nvidia Shield K1 tablet is not on the approved list." Very helpful. I still don't have the answer but I hate to give up on my K1.

This is happening to me too. Initially it was happening on my Android phone, and I assumed the phone just didn't have enough processing power. I bought an iPad Air 2 to use, as it is an "approved device" and it has enough processing power to handle DJI Go. But, as I started to fly more, I found the iPad Air 2 to be larger than ideal. I wanted to switch back to Android, and since many people here had a lot of luck with the Nvidia Shield K1, that's what I bought. Now, the banding is happening on my K1. This is beyond irritating. DJI has very few "approved" Android devices with new chipsets.

Kvu8ROK.png

Are there any resolutions?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers