I'm getting bored

You're feedback on the Typhoon H will be appropriate for this thread, please report back. I'm sure you'll be "bored" with 22mph top speeds and 4000' range. I would be. You'll likely see a lack of options in the s/w, like choosing a channel that's not busy, adjusting video link speeds to extend range, and camera setting options too. Oh, you'll love their compass calibration routine too. I've already been down the Yuneec path. I was underwhelmed, but they do have good service and support. I'm especially curious how easy that craft is to setup, installing 6 motor arms and props, and camera gimbal each time you fly. The setup actually looks more time consuming than an Inspire. Also, when I saw it at CES it didn't look possible to backpack very easy even though the motor arms are removable. Let us know.
Dood......... you can't rain on my parade! :p

Yeah, I'll report back after testing.

They say they're at epidemic numbers across the country! Do you let hunters go after them? My son did a lot of hog hunting a few years ago.

Nope, I do it myself on my land. It's more fun that way.

And yes, they are at epidemic numbers here in TX

If your bored, fly out with the wind at your face watching the distance #'s climb as your battery sinks down to 40% when youre xxx miles away then turn back and race home anxiously watching to be sure your speed is 5 mph faster than your ride out so you know your just going to make it if you can hold that ascend stick up 30% the last 3000ft cause your battery reached the critical 10% , then when you hand catch your $1000 toy at 3% battery I'm guessing you wont be able to charge yer bat fast enough, excited to fly again![emoji41]

Dig deep. Plenty of things to learn! It doesn't have to be about just flying. Focus on the "cool video" side.
I am studying up on photography, film, and editing then practicing and trying new ways (filters, lighting, etc). I just bought the litchi app to learn the "little planets" panorama shots and am wanting to learn the gps programming.
I started out with a $50 "toy" just to make sure I wouldn't get bored. I enjoy the hell out of flying. I may only fly for 10 mins on some days but it is still enough to "scratch my itch".
Whenever I learn something, I try to go one step further each time I participate. It may be levels to one thing (distance, height, location, etc) but I always have a goal. Just take it one step at a time.

A tip. Use Google Earth to 'preflight' mountain heights if using 'missions'. Remember you launch at zero though you are at a real altitude say 2500 '. And disturbing wildlife in preserves can be quite expensive in CA.

I'm getting bored with flying in the same two or three open fields. I don't have a lot of flying experience under my belt but I'm still getting bored. I see a lot of you guys talk about flying every day almost. What types of things do you do to keep from getting bored. This is just a hobby for me so far. I don't have a job in video or photography like some of you do. Right now I'm flying for fun and just want to make some cool videos and learn to fly really well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I know what you mean as the most convenient and safest places to fly are generally boring and get redundant after a few flights. I suggest taking your drone with you everyday and while you are driving look for places that might be cool to shoot or an area where maybe you want to see a birds eye view of the surroundings. Its also fun to have a cool idea for a shot and then try to think of a place you've already been where you can make that shot happen. I think you'll find (at least for me anyway) that eventually you will find flying even in the same mundane place enjoyable as you think up new creative shots and your skills improve to actually bring them to life.

If you're bored it must be because you don't have anything else to learn: So you must have amazing skills. If you don't have amazing skills, then how can you be bored with so much still to learn and practice? Put stake in the ground and just fly circles around it, rotating to keep it always center frame. IE: Do 360 degree shots of the subject. That alone can take a while to be GOOD at.

What about drone racing: How well can you fly through a set of obstacles at full throttle?
What about spending $25 on a pair of VRbox goggles for doing FPV flights?
What about how many different ways you can photograph something, the various manual settings of the camera plus camera filters?

You don't learn to do all of this and more all on muscle-memory without having to think about it, then you won't really be prepared when you in that one rare situation where you have to act fact to get the perfect shot.

I may do just that! We have a huge National Wildlife Refuge near here, just waiting to have some killer videos made on it. But we cannot fly in Federal Parks!! It is beyond ridiculous!
I agree with you on the whole but a former coworker just finished a tour as a Yellowstone Park Ranger and there are actual incidents that don't make the media. The main concern with places like Yellowstone is one misplaced drone in a geyser has the potential to cause another Pompeii style disaster. I can't say the same for other parks but I've generally had luck talking to Park employees until you meet the one that says no.

Reactions: snerd
If you aren't on a quest for max range, then I suggest you find some different places to fly. I don't know the area where you reside but try looking at maps of your location for some interesting stuff to fly over.

I'm getting bored with flying in the same two or three open fields. I don't have a lot of flying experience under my belt but I'm still getting bored. I see a lot of you guys talk about flying every day almost. What types of things do you do to keep from getting bored. This is just a hobby for me so far. I don't have a job in video or photography like some of you do. Right now I'm flying for fun and just want to make some cool videos and learn to fly really well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So the countless pieces of coins & other debris thrown into the toxic waters of the geyser by visitors on foot for centuries isn't an issue but let just one drone go down & the entire geyser ecosystem is ruined?

I agree with you on the whole but a former coworker just finished a tour as a Yellowstone Park Ranger and there are actual incidents that don't make the media. The main concern with places like Yellowstone is one misplaced drone in a geyser has the potential to cause another Pompeii style disaster. I can't say the same for other parks but I've generally had luck talking to Park employees until you meet the one that says no.

Reactions: eyecon82
So the countless pieces of coins & other debris thrown into the toxic waters of the geyser by visitors on foot for centuries isn't an issue but let just one drone go down & the entire geyser ecosystem is ruined?
I've never been. Do people throw stuff into them? What, like a good luck thing?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj