I'm done with dji and possibly drones all together

S

sandman259

Im so frustrated right now and pissed at myself and dpi..Everything was working great withe my drone on the old firmware and app so i waited and didn't update right away. So stupid me starts seeing people saying the update went well so i decided i would give it a shot too..first off its a p3a..I loved it but now I hate it and I hate dji. The update went well at first and everything was fine and flew fine. Then I get the main controller data error message pop up. After a bunch a research it seemed the internal sd car for the data log was malfunctioning. I tried everything from reinstalling firmware to multiple imu calibrations. Nothing worked so I decided to take the bird apart and replace the sd card. Well I thought everything was fine cause I started it up in my house and the message was gone and it said ready to fly. So I'm thinking everything is ok. Today I went out for a test flight and still no message and said safe to fly gps. But when I went to start up the motors nothing....I get a message esc error and to restart,which did nothing of course. So I went home and thought I would reinstall the old firmware and see if that takes care of the problem. Well this is where the nightmare keeps getting better. It starts making all kinds of weird beeping that I never heard in a firmware update before. I let that go on for like 20 minutes, it stop doing the beeping but then it started doing another weird sound. Clearly this wasn't working so I turned it off. I re-downloaded the latest firmware again and tried again but this time it just sat there again and the light on the front of the gimbal was only flashing red.....WTF....Im sure I'm screwed and I serious doubt anybody can help with this mess...Im more less venting before I take this POS out into the garage and smash it with a hammer...Il post the videos I took of it when i was trying to update it...purely for entertainment purposes:(((((

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is the first noise it started making...
Here's after about 20 mins...
Here's the second time...

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

You mean connecting the bird to the computer?

There is nothing on it now, cause I kept clearing it out after I tried updating

Ok. The first sound in your video I have never heard before. The second sound I have heard, and is usually when the update stops due to a failure to talk to a certain hardware component, which gets logged. Being that you cleared the card, you could try to run the update again, and if it fails, post the log. When you say you replaced the internal card, how did that go? What size card? Did you have to remove any silicone? Was the card formatted?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

The firmware I was trying to put on was the previous firmware. It kept getting stuck so I pulled out the card, reformatted it, and installed the newest one and now the drone doesn't do anything when I turn it on. It just acts like it has the newest firmware. I still get a camera view and it says safe to fly. But it says firmware update for air craft needed...and when I try and start the motors the same warning esc error....

When replacing the card it went pretty straight forward. Just took the top she'll off and disconnected a few wires so I could lift the board up and slide it out and put a new one in and reconnected everything and put the shell back on...when I turned it on the "main controller data error" was gone so I thought all was good until I went to fly it...

The main controller error was the first problem I had. But it still flew fine. That's why I changed out the internal sd card. And it was running the latest software. Then after installed is when it would fly anymore so I tried to re-install the previous firmware and the drone started acting all crazy...so the firmware I was trying to install couldn't have worked cause it froze up and I shut it down..then I tried clearing the card and reinstalling the newest firmware once again and when I turn the drone on it doesn't do anything. Meaning it's not installing any firmware. Then when I turn the rc on it says ready to fly...WTF!!!! In the app it says firmware needed. So it obviously doesn't have the latest one in but won't install either. Then when I try and power the motors on nothing happens and the same esc error message...sorry if I'm all over the place...my head is pounding and I can't think straight so I had to walk away from the drone...

You mean clear flight route? I don't see a clear flight records button. And I've done about 5 imu calibrations during this whole ordeal and nothing ever changed but I'll try it again...

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

The card inside the shell. Why exactly would you do that?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I would try another known good SD card. Yes, it seems the original may be ok (especially as it presumably did not produce an error mesage when you formatted it) however it will remove some uncertainty).

Hopefully you didnt damage the SD socket removing the card.

I cant remember if it was this forum however have seen earlier discussion that MC error was resolved by simply replacing the SD card.

Hopefully you have some joy and like DJI and drones again soon.

The card inside the shell. Why exactly would you do that?

This is my question, too. It's my understanding that it's glued in place.

I'm pretty sure you voided the **** out of your warranty, and I'm curious whose advice it was that lead you to do such a thing.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik