I'm bored so I made a post

Reaction score
Got a chance to fly today before the storms come in which are close now. Thunder and rain. Flew three batteries..stock 2200 ma. Bare Phantom with a Drone Mods GPS tracker. About 58 grams. I start my timer when plugging in battery. This being my third flight with my newest battery, I got Home lock and course lock within 40 seconds. From start to first sign of red battery warning was 14.5 minutes. Not too bad. When I see the first sign of low battery by goosing the throttle, I bring the bird home. I can really live with that. I am beginning to really trust my birds...and that's a good thing. With a Walkera G2D gimble and GoPro white. I can get about 8-9 minute vdeo. Not aggressive flying but not just hovering. No GPS tracker with Gimble and camera attatched. I really should have it on there. These P1s are great machines. Don't give much problems...at least I have had none. Lucky me. I have two P1s.

Sweet monte55,
I got to fly a bit today, as well, with my P2v. Flew 3 batteries, just playing, had the neighborhood kids over, riding their bikes, as I was flying around, it was fun! Sorry to hear weather is not being user friendly for you and you local pilots! Weather has been great here, sun wise, but high winds make flying a bit challenging, but still fun!

I'm glad the P1's have provided you with event free flying, it is nice to hear nice posts like this, a welcome change from the normal, problem posts! Mine has also treated me well, even after I modded the crap out of it, still flies pretty! Other than my wife and kids, my vision is my favorite thing in life! Only wish it were big enough to take me for a ride on it!
That would be FUN!

Here is a gif of my bird:
108738BE-19F6-4374-A70B-90707CA6ECF8_zps8ifqnyh5.gif

Your friend,
J Dot

Reactions: dirkclod
Hey J Dot, it looks like an Advanced IMU cali. is in order. :D I think I see a bit of a wobble.
Can you teach a numbskull like me to do what you did? I want moving pics too.

Good to hear your having cool flights Monte55. Are you going to post some more videos for us? Do you fly in any scenic areas around there?

I think this should have been posted in OT. Maybe a Mod will come by and move it. ;)

Hey J Dot, it looks like an Advanced IMU cali. is in order. :D I think I see a bit of a wobble.
Can you teach a numbskull like me to do what you did? I want moving pics too.

Good to hear your having cool flights Monte55. Are you going to post some more videos for us? Do you fly in any scenic areas around there?

I think this should have been posted in OT. Maybe a Mod will come by and move it. ;)

Hey IflyinWY,
It is easy, you need a GIF. Creator. I use ( Photobucket.com ) they offer 1 for free, you just choose the pics you want, in the order you want ( 1-2-3-4-so on ) then choose speed between pics ( very slow switch, to very fast switch ) once finished it auto saves for you, providing a direct link as well, then just post like a normal pic (
beginning and end caps, with link between. Best part ALL FOR FREE! Just sign up get the app, or use PC , I use iPhone, but either works! Just shoot me a conversation and I'll help you out!

Sorry Monty55,
Did not mean to tread on your post!

And yes a bit of a wobble! ( HOUSTON? We have a problem! )

Take care, Fly safe!
J Dot

Reactions: IflyinWY
Came home and it really rained. Then it stopped. Sun came out but a bit breezy. Spread a bunch of red mulch so why not a video. Strapped on camera and I'm off again. Flew, took my Chows for a walk. All is good for now.

Nice flying Nick,
I thought you were going to smack the driveway though. Great soundtrack, I like the angry bees.

Reactions: TatorSalad
Your bored!!

I'm bored!!!!!! I'm the chairman of the bored.

I can't fly,have not flown in 6 weeks.
The weather here has been horrendous lately with flooding rains and the wind is ripping up trees.
There were predictions of a couple of calmer days over the last week but the wind has persisted and it's far too strong to attempt a flight.
Current wind speed,25 knots gusting to 31 knots.
Severe weather warnings current with strong winds and thunder storms predicted.

This is about as long as I've gone without flying since having the Phantoms and I'm getting itchy.
I might head into the hobby shop and buy one of their $50 mini quads so I can fly inside the house.

Your bored!!

I'm bored!!!!!! I'm the chairman of the bored.

I can't fly,have not flown in 6 weeks.
The weather here has been horrendous lately with flooding rains and the wind is ripping up trees.
There were predictions of a couple of calmer days over the last week but the wind has persisted and it's far too strong to attempt a flight.
Current wind speed,25 knots gusting to 31 knots.
Severe weather warnings current with strong winds and thunder storms predicted.

This is about as long as I've gone without flying since having the Phantoms and I'm getting itchy.
I might head into the hobby shop and buy one of their $50 mini quads so I can fly inside the house.
images4HKE7OJ0.jpg
Hobby shop o_O Have a few beers :eek:
fall down.png
never mind ya to late !

OK, so here's what I do, I find a barn, that's not full of hay, and bounce off the walls for a while. I have enough trouble with GPS sometimes, that I know how to fly without it... as long as I fly with prop guards.

This really needs to be moved to OT if we're going to just shoot the bull. :D

Hey IflyinWY,
It is easy, you need a GIF. Creator. I use ( Photobucket.com ) they offer 1 for free, you just choose the pics you want, in the order you want ( 1-2-3-4-so on ) then choose speed between pics ( very slow switch, to very fast switch ) once finished it auto saves for you, providing a direct link as well, then just post like a normal pic ( beginning and end caps, with link between. Best part ALL FOR FREE! Just sign up get the app, or use PC , I use iPhone, but either works! Just shoot me a conversation and I'll help you out!

Sorry Monty55,
Did not mean to tread on your post!

And yes a bit of a wobble! ( HOUSTON? We have a problem! )

Take care, Fly safe!
J Dot
How many pictures can you load to make that J Dot ? More would make it turn slower right ?

15 pics on that one,
( not sure limit in software, but 15 works )
But you can set the speed of change, very slow, to very fast! Fast is smoother, slow more jittery!

J Dot

Hope this helps Dirk!

I haven't flown in a while, might try to get out and make another video today if I can. I've been busy job hunting for the past week.

What happened to school kitari? :confused:

What happened to school kitari? :confused:

I'm out now, I was just using up what I had left on my army grant. I still got another certification out of it for copper/cabling. I'm actually thinking about moving out to Kansas where one of my uncles live. He works at the Goodyear plant and makes a nice fat paycheck and said they're hiring. I just have to convince my wife that it'll be worth it. There's not too many good jobs here in northwest TN. :(

Dog treats bag?
Dog%20Treats%20Bag.jpg

Came home and it really rained. Then it stopped. Sun came out but a bit breezy. Spread a bunch of red mulch so why not a video. Strapped on camera and I'm off again. Flew, took my Chows for a walk. All is good for now.

You put mulch around all the trees but not the one you flew into over by the cattails. Yes that little twig!

Not sure what twig you mean. I had 10 cubic yards of mulch delivered. I'm only about 1/3 into it. MULCH more to do.

To the right of the pond looking at it from the road there's one small tree there about four foot high. Didn't fly into it last year?

3min, 29second mark in video, center screen, that little tree with weedy bottom! Hope this helps!

J Dot

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20