illegal flying in Christchurch, NZ

Moral of the story is to read up on your local RC rules - they may well prohibit any flying close to people.

Australia is one of the leaders in terms of regulatory coverage, but there are still restrictions on rec use - not over populated areas, not within 30 metres of people etc. It does mean that the guys flying AR.Drones in the carpark outside my office were strictly in breach of the CASA regs!

I'm assuming most countries allow recreational flying, but generally assume you wont be doing it in town.

I think a reasonable rule of thumb is "would you play cricket where you're about to fly?"

Well, it's more like reporters sayings stuff like 'but it could be watching you' that could turn the public opinion against us hobbyists.. With a gopro you need to be at such close proximity to really see what someone is doing you'll be well within audible range and probably almost at touching range. There's no use for it, but none of the reporters mention that.. A real spy drone will cost way too much for any individual to even consider.. I hope the guy doesn't get in trouble because of what he did.
But it's a good idea to prevent flying over people as much as possible; if your quad drops from the sky and you hit someone it's going to a problem :?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20