Illegal drone use in UK- Fined

Pull_Up said:
Meluk said:
Are there any laws, guidelines for not flying over a nuclear facility for example? I know its common sense not to but just wondering.

DJI have not classed nuclear facilities as 'no fly zones' for waypoint flying, they have just put airports.

Your best bet is to get a 1:250,000 CAA chart of your area. It lists all restricted and controlled airspace as well as other things like instrument approach paths, high intensity radio transmission areas, military low flying, etc. Available from aviation suppliers like AFE...

Are any of these CAA charts available on the internet? I have not found one for the UK, I know there is a website for the US showing controlled airspaces.

BMEWS said:
Pull_Up said:
Meluk said:
Are FPV aerial vehicles used for recreational use classed as surveillance vehicles though?

Yes. Anything with a camera that records (as opposed to just a live feed) is classed that way for the purposes of the ANO.

Section 167 para 5 In this article ‘a small unmanned surveillance aircraft’ means a small unmanned aircraft which
is equipped to undertake any form of surveillance or data acquisition.

Hope this helps

Bmews

Not quite that simple. CAP 722 (http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/33/CAP722.pdf) article 3.4 in Section 3 Chapter 1 page 2 specifically states “The provision of image or other data solely for the use of controlling or monitoring the aircraft is not considered to be applicable to the meaning of ‘Surveillance or Data Acquisition’ covered at Article 167 for SUSA.”

So take your SD card out and article 167 does not apply...

Meluk said:
Pull_Up said:
Meluk said:
Are there any laws, guidelines for not flying over a nuclear facility for example? I know its common sense not to but just wondering.

DJI have not classed nuclear facilities as 'no fly zones' for waypoint flying, they have just put airports.

Your best bet is to get a 1:250,000 CAA chart of your area. It lists all restricted and controlled airspace as well as other things like instrument approach paths, high intensity radio transmission areas, military low flying, etc. Available from aviation suppliers like AFE...

Are any of these CAA charts available on the internet? I have not found one for the UK, I know there is a website for the US showing controlled airspaces.

They are for purchase only, I believe. Some of the digital mapping providers can sell you electronic versions, but I quite like my paper VFR charts... Hang over from my PPL days.

Move to america the land of the free, where a person could do life in prison for smoking dope and a convicted killer gets a slp on the hand and is walking free,,,,LOL

Pull_Up said:
Meluk said:

They are for purchase only, I believe. Some of the digital mapping providers can sell you electronic versions, but I quite like my paper VFR charts... Hang over from my PPL days.

You should have a paper set anyway as electronic variants can be subject to power loss etc. etc. it's a belt n braces approach. Plus they're quite interesting to look at. If you ask at a local airport, flying school, etc if they have any old versions it will give you a good starting point for the locality. Also check out skydemon and their light version http://www.skydemonlight.com/.

Hope that helps

Bmews

Pull_Up said:
BMEWS said:
don't really want to fly anywhere near HIRT :D that's asking for trouble.

Bmews

Radomes and aerials around Croughton were always causing me a little diversion flying east out of Enstone to avoid that particular HIRTA...

:D oh the stories about what goes on there that I could tell you about.

Bmews

Every serious pilot should download the 'UK AA' app from the Google Play Store AND use...IMHO. It shows all restricted airspace and all the classes of airspace including class D which is probably the most relevant to pilots of Phantoms. You can also filter out the higher altitude zones that would be less relevant.

I don't know if its also in the Apple store equivalent.

IrishSights said:
Every serious pilot should download the 'UK AA' app from the Google Play Store AND use...IMHO. It shows all restricted airspace and all the classes of airspace including class D which is probably the most relevant to pilots of Phantoms. You can also filter out the higher altitude zones that would be less relevant.

I don't know if its also in the Apple store equivalent.
have you got a link to UK AA as I have had look for it and I cant seem to fine it

Sorry, thats the name of the app after its installed. Search for 'UK airspaceAVOID for pilots'

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj