If you love something, let it go...

Eagleeye9 said:
Where did you pick up that British tracking device. I think I may buy one myself!

http://quadinnovators.co.uk/

Seems to be a one-man show. Karl is the guy's name, and he was incredibly responsive to my initial questions - and follow up once I received it. I think he said his regular price is USD$130 (includes shipping to US), but since he's trying for market penetration in the states, he let me have it for $105.

The way it works is, you call it from your cell phone, and hang up. Within a few seconds, you get a text message with the GPS data, and a link to Google maps with the precise location. There's also an undocumented tracking feature, where you can have it send text messages at a given interval automatically. Finally, there's a "monitor" mode that lets you call the device and listen in (it has a microphone on it). The idea being if you get close, you can switch it to monitor mode (by sending it a txt message from your phone), call it, and start whistling. If it gets louder, you're getting closer.

I feel your pain fellow Minnesotan, cabin fever has a way of doing that to us..

Talking w/a few buds in the Twin Cities who fly the lakes, they're telling me sometimes RF bounces off lakes/ice and makes RC stuff do some weird stuff. (Guys at Hobby Warehouse - Minnesotas' best kept secret)

Maybe if you have access to friend in your area with a quad w/FPV maybe an aerial search? I wouldn't give up hope - maybe talk to folks in area to keep an eye out for it.

Hope you're flying again soon.

Hey - does Hobby Warehouse carry Phantoms?

I might want to buy my next one a little closer to home...where are they located?

EMCSQUAR said:

Talking w/a few buds in the Twin Cities who fly the lakes, they're telling me sometimes RF bounces off lakes/ice and makes RC stuff do some weird stuff. (Guys at Hobby Warehouse - Minnesotas' best kept secret)

Maybe if you have access to friend in your area with a quad w/FPV maybe an aerial search? I wouldn't give up hope - maybe talk to folks in area to keep an eye out for it.

jthorstad said:
Hey - does Hobby Warehouse carry Phantoms?

I might want to buy my next one a little closer to home...where are they located?

EMCSQUAR said:

Yes they do & everything else under the sun. Awesome folks! (Their website in no way reflects what they have in stock) They're in Richfield. I was literally floored when I walked in there, they have a whole isle just for props. The place has been there for years and they are some of the coolest folks to deal with.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20