If it crashes in open field, warranty ?

Hm, how to come home then ? Only with FPV and drive forward to home ? What if I get compass error + remote disconection or dead iPhone battery ?

I know you said that you plan to install the props and keep it in a case with props attached but you should still check tightness before each flight. There are many things that "could" go wrong and cause a crash. But if you worry about them too much, you will never fly or not really enjoy the flight. Just have a good pre-flight checklist and take it easy until you feel more comfortable, and most of all Have Fun!

Waiting for my P3A to arrive and I am thinking about the warranty. I fly 90% of the time in open fields so I hope I dont have anything to crash in to. My question since I have sick fear to fly like 100m high and 1000m far, will the DJI fix the Phantom if it crashes itself for some reason ? It writes all data on the card but does anyone have experience with those warranty claims ? I see that a lot of you are driving it to the limit, high and far, also in the city where there are million wifi networks etc. If it crashes without drivers error, DJI will give warranty on the crashed bird or not

I was just waiting for my P2V+ to get any kind of error in air and crash. I dont have a lot of flying hours behind me so I just wait for it to fall the whole time

If I was a drone retailer, I'd be very nervous selling you a drone.
It sounds like you are just waiting for an excuse to make a warranty claim, or demand your money back.
This is based on my experience as a games console retailer.
you could always spot the customers that would be trouble when the main things they were asking about was could they bring the console/game back if it didn't work. Many were up to no good, usually trying to swap a faulty item they already owned for my new one.

It is the opposite, I hope that I will never claim warranty. Ive had used P2V+ and sold it after 6 months, learned to fly but it did not have stock camera. And also it costed me 250$ so if it has fallen it would not be big hit on my wallet. Now P3A is expensive and first time I have warranty and this is not small rc car which you can drive wherever and however you want and it will mostly have small damages in any case of a crash. On drones 1 electronic error of them 100 possible and poof, he is gone to the trash. I see that there are guys who buy P3P, crash it after 3 months and then go easily and buy new one for 1000$, I don like to spend my money on that kind of toys, I have better hobbies.

So basicaly, I just wanted to know basics about airplane/drone warranties because with those toys every error can be the last one and you lose money very easy, it will not have errors in the box or when landed, it normaly has problems only in use and that is up there. Prop off - crash, compas error - crash, ESC burned - crash, battery error - crash, pretty much every error means he is going down fast.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj