Icarus range mod (good news for 1.07.0090)

Reaction score
Range mod is not dead, apparently !

This is what I just received from their support service:
-------------------------------------
Dear Mr. Xxxxxxx,

thanks a lot for using our software and for your kind remarks.

For what concerns your question, we have just committed version 2.1 of the Icarus app on Google Play Store; this updated version is compatible with the 1.07.0090 DJI firmware.

Best Regards, Icasoft Software Online support service
-------------------------------------

Maybe they have found a different way to get into the filesystem...

Hi my friend,
I would also like to buy this app in order to take advandages of 27db mod but first I wanted to know if the mode of tx power works on CE users live in Europe as me or works only for users with FCC mode enabled.
I wrote also an email to the creators of this mode and waiting an answer.

Do you know if it is work for CE users without problems?

Just updated to 1.7.9....I'm going to test their app on my P3S today...
I'll let you know

I bought Icarus a week back and it did not work with 1.07.0090 ... so if there is a new version - will my licence cover a new version or do I buy that new version ?

solentlife,
The upgrade of any purchaced app is free.
You can download the new version for free if you already have paid for this app.

Tks ... I will be replacing the 'registered device' with another - so I suppose I will cough up the few Euros then ... but good to know that payment stands for existing unit.

Just done, it works !
The patch went smooth....no issues to report.
I waited a bit after the GPS lock in order to see if the mod was stable....and it was. Rock solid, it seems. Only one caveat, I couldn't fly because of bad weather..only short hovering in place. I don't know if this matters...somehow.
However, I do have telnet access on my P3S with 1.7.9 ! This is it: dji 1 - range mod 2 (using soccer terms)

As I said before I wrote an email to the Icarus support service regarding my question if the software is also compatible for the CE users as me or if it works only for already FCC users.

Here is their answer.

We confirm that you will have no problems in using our app. The app is made mainly for the users in CE in order to let them overcome the limit at 17 dBm.

In case of any futher detail or info on how to use the app please contact us.

Best Regards, Icarus Software Online support staff.

Good news for me.
I will give it a try and shortly I will inform you about the results.

Update
I successfully done the control range mod at 27db with Icarus without problem as dedalus96 said before and I can confirm that the mod stays enabled at 27db after the GPS lock I have not tested it yet outside but Ι am curious to test how is going on the new 1.7.9 firmware with the 27db mode enabled..

Last edited:
I was also one of those who asked Icarus to look at the 1.07.0090 FW for compatibility ....

Nigel

Nice solentlife.
My only concern now is if the 27dbm settings on both RC/AC is safe for the equipment or maybe stay at lower transmission power for example 20dbm on both RC/AC for safety reasons..
I have a handmade windsurfer antenna and nothing else and easily go 600-700 meters before the mod.

Where can i download the icarus?

Sent from my D6503 using PhantomPilots mobile app

As said Google Play Store ... best to type in the search box "Icarus for Phantom 3S" ..... then you don't get all the non Phantom stuff.

I can confirm that it does work with 1.07.0090 now .... just did the mod via my Cavion Tablet ... but it did not work via my Prestigio Smartphone.

Nigel

As said Google Play Store ... best to type in the search box "Icarus for Phantom 3S" ..... then you don't get all the non Phantom stuff.

I can confirm that it does work with 1.07.0090 now .... just did the mod via my Cavion Tablet ... but it did not work via my Prestigio Smartphone.

Nigel
Thanks [emoji106]

Sent from my D6503 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Is there any equivalent for people that don't have an Android device?

Same question here. I'm sadly not an Android user.

Would it work if I would make the mod with an Android phone and then for everyday flights use my IOS device? Will it save its setting, or do you have to make changes before every flight?

Same question here. I'm sadly not an Android user.

Would it work if I would make the mod with an Android phone and then for everyday flights use my IOS device? Will it save its setting, or do you have to make changes before every flight?
Yes. It appears to mod the RC and maybe the P3 too

First time I hear about this software (in the past, I did the mod by hand as described in the old "Phantom 3 Standard range mod , let's do it together..." thread).
I upgraded to 1.07.0090 and bought the Icarus app, really works like a charm!! Didn't had the time or chance to do a testflight though (on new firmware with icarus mod), hope to testflight this weekend.
Anyway, really like the app.. perhaps a little bit pricy considering the PapaTita is free!

I am a little bit confused about the transmission power I have to use.
You Guys what setting on transmission power in icarus app use?
I have set both RC/AC at 20dbm because I am afraid to go straight to 27dbm.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.