I was clear to fly but DJI said no.

Reaction score
I wanted to do a little fishing off the end of Venice jetty in Florida. Aloft said go fly. DJI said, no. Obviously it's DJI's drone, because they control it. I must only lease it from them. I rechecked flying from the end of the jetty and again Aloft said, go fly. Again DJI said, no. I packed everything up and left. It's the jetty called, south jetty beach on the north side of Venice, FL. DJI's ratings went down another notch. Lol.

Last edited:
DJI's on-line geo-map shows no restrictions for that location. There is an authorisation zone out to sea - for the airport approach, which you would hit about 500 metres off the end of the inlet channel rock wall, but that shouldn't have affected your takeoff.

Reactions: ER hemant
I fly at the Clearwater Sand Key jetty without problems. Park ranger won't let me take off from the beach side but ok on the inlet side. Then I can fly the beach, makes no sense.

Reactions: TimInCT
B4UFly also gives 'good to fly' at Venice jetty. Weird, too bad it messed up a trip.

Sounds like a temporary no fly zone. President near by? Happened when Trump was golfing in Bellair country club.

Reactions: WV. Rootman
I wanted to do a little fishing off the end of Venice jetty in Florida. Aloft said go fly. DJI said, no. Obviously it's DJI's drone, because they control it. I must only lease it from them. I rechecked flying from the end of the jetty and again Aloft said, go fly. Again DJI said, no. I packed everything up and left. It's the jetty called, south jetty beach on the north side of Venice, FL. DJI's ratings went down another notch. Lol.
Try Yuneec or Autel

Reactions: WV. Rootman
Sounds like a temporary no fly zone. President near by? Happened when Trump was golfing in Bellair country club.
If it was a VIP TFR Aloft would have alerted him.

Last edited:
TFR's are not always showed, especially if it just occurred within the last 24-48 hours. That is why its recommended to check several sources before you head out, Aloft, DJI, B4Ufly and NOTAMs.
I don’t disagree and I do check Federal Aviation Administration - Graphic TFR's for any pertinent TFR’s where I intend to fly.

I find that Aloft and AirMap are both good at showing relevant TFR’s. I have yet to see either miss one in my area of operation.

I don’t disagree and I do check Federal Aviation Administration - Graphic TFR's for any pertinent TFR’s where I intend to fly.

I find that Aloft and AirMap are both good at showing relevant TFR’s. I have yet to see either miss one in my area of operation.
The reason I speak on this, out here in California we get wild fires and a TFR can be imposed within hours covering large areas that are not close to the actual fire, but do to potential safety issues with water dropping tankers and helicopters operations coming into the area and exiting the zone whole citys can be place under a TFR for months even after the fire has been put out. And I personally have had to deal with such issues in the aftermath of a fire TFR, Airmap, B4Ufly or the old kittyhawk showed nothing but class G airspace.

Reactions: DoomMeister
Interesting that the TFR would be left in place for months afterward. Any idea what the reasoning was for that? After a scorched earth the chance for recurrence had to be extremely low.

I had a similar issue a few years ago in Chicago at the planetarium where it’s totally legal to fly- unless there’s a game or even at Soldier's Field nearby. Kept getting an NFZ no-takeoff error. Turned out I needed to delete and re-install DJI Go. Somehow it had gotten corrupted.

I had the same isse yesterday. I was near an airport, got my LAANC authorization, yet DJI would not let me take off. There was no (apparent) option even to go to DJI to secure their approval. This is on the DJI FPV setup, which is a bit different that the Phantom menu. Totally sucks, I have been looking strongly at Autel....

I had the same isse yesterday. I was near an airport, got my LAANC authorization, yet DJI would not let me take off. There was no (apparent) option even to go to DJI to secure their approval. This is on the DJI FPV setup, which is a bit different that the Phantom menu. Totally sucks, I have been looking strongly at Autel....
I tried to get clearance from DJI, but after I put in the information, the same screen would pop up.

When say near an airport, how close? Tower controlled? What are the grid altitude? If the grid altitude is zero you've gotten a false approval as zero grid requires a direct FAA COA approval. Now if your in a grid area that has plus flght altitude, you should have used that approval to do a custom unlock on the DJI zone request and submit that LAANC approval as proof of authorization.

It's been said many times. What right does a foreign government has to do with me flying MY DRONE in my country? My country has a system set up to handle things. Is there an ulterior motive?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31