I thought I was having a flyaway, but I wasn't...

ChimayMan said:
Rmag said:
Well, after watching the footage, it appears everything worked as it should, but while it was happening... I was scared!

http://youtu.be/gfJAVltk_CI

Not a flyaway and the power lines had nothing to do with your momentary loss of control. Tip: read the manual so you understand how to regain control after the Phantom goes into failsafe.

After I watched the footage I realized it was not a flyaway. I know how to regain control. I did not realize it was in failsafe. After I realized this I put it in ATTI to gain control.

Any idea what triggered my loss of control in the first place? I lost video and control link at the exact same time. I have flown twice the distance of this occurrence several times before.

Hmmmm.... right at the point you loose your video feed and it stops to hover (0:27) there is a glitch in the motors which you can hear on the soundtrack.
I can't tell whether it's just a loss of control signal that makes the motors kick or it's a glitch in power. Is this a Phantom 2?

I think I would be inclined to crack open the shell and just double check cables running to/from the RX and all solder joints on the Power bus - battery feeds etc, etc.

The sound you hear is the motors going from full forward flight to hover. It is a Phantom 2.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl