I suggest you buy DJI Care and get your drones covered by your personal insurance.

Reaction score
I suggest you buy DJI Care and get your drones covered by your personal insurance.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
I feel I can be more creative and enjoy my flying when I don't have to worry about "accidents". DJI is not a multinational company, what I should have said that it is a very big, private and high profit-making company.

Reactions: shammel00
Very good point Starz. The bottom line is that all private companies are interested in is their profit margin, including all private insurance companies. They make calculated assessments of you to extract what they can. But if you can make it work for you, in other words get out more than you put in, then it is worth it.
If you fly with very low risk and or little milage, then it is a good idea not to spend much on insurance.

I tend to fly with as little risk as possible. That kind of flying I’ll leave to other folks. Just the buzz around the park is fine for me. Insurance for what I do would be a waste.

Reactions: John Gowland
Very good point Starz. The bottom line is that all private companies are interested in is their profit margin, including all private insurance companies. They make calculated assessments of you to extract what they can. But if you can make it work for you, in other words get out more than you put in, then it is worth it.
If you fly with very low risk and or little milage, then it is a good idea not to spend much on insurance.
That's kinda the Catch 22. There are many things I'd love to learn to do with my P4P V2 but never try because I can't afford to pay for a major repair or replace my craft in the event of a serious crash or fly away. Living on SS alone kinda limits my options.
Don't get me wrong, I still have a lot of fun. But this drone can do so much and I'm afraid to learn because I believe most accidents that aren't caused by carelessness are caused by pilots trying new things they've never done before. Too bad the simulator is as worthless as a burnt match.
I could probably afford insurance but nobody ever posts what's best or what the cost approximately is. If someone could point me in the right direction, I can take it from there and make some phone calls. Many thanks, guys!

Call any St.Farm agent or equivalent. If you feel like you’re getting the runaround, call a different one. Some agents know NOTHING about drones. Cost is normally around 60.00 per year.
Many many thanks! I love flying my drone but can never really relax. My wife says my drone flying is giving me "buns of steel", lol.

Reactions: John Gowland
At its worst Bone4Drone, DJI Care gives you 2 replacements. They used to argue with me a bit but the last year or two they have not argued, they just replaced the drone one of which I could not retrieve. That one took a long time, so much that I went to my personal insurance. DJI rely on customers being conservative and not taking risks. And they do make big profits on the Care program, I assume.
So at its worst the Care program is well worth it, simple maths, if you are going to take a few risks. When I say risk, I mean never endanger people or their properties or animals.
As others have said look around, I stuck with my "House and Contents" company and they just included drones as my electrical personal equipment. When I go abroad it's the same, drones are covered just like my phone and cameras are. Some companies may exclude drones, but I bet there are not many. If they do just say ok, I will go to another company for my House and Contents insurance. Companies, I have found these days, are desperate to keep their customers (in these days of worldwide health crisis) it happened this week with my cable TV company. They bumped up the price, when I said I was going they almost halved the price and I ended up just paying a few dollars more than I was previously paying. Try it you have nothing to lose. Loads of options, just spend a bit of time and determination with a positive friendly attitude and you can get just the deal you want.

Call any St.Farm agent or equivalent. If you feel like you’re getting the runaround, call a different one. Some agents know NOTHING about drones. Cost is normally around 60.00 per year.
Do you also have to have an existing policy with SF- or can you get this as a stand alone policy?
And- if you did have an existing policy and made a loss/ damage claim for a drone, would that affect the other policy adversely?

State farm drone insurance is not available in California.

Do you also have to have an existing policy with SF- or can you get this as a stand alone policy?
And- if you did have an existing policy and made a loss/ damage claim for a drone, would that affect the other policy adversely?
Phone call will answer these questions.

My third party is part of being a member of FPVUK at £19.99/year with £5 million cover for any one event, and my drone is covered by Eversure for £60.00/year with £100 excess on all the payouts, picture of cover below. Well worth it if you do what I did last year and trash a drone. Copst me £100 for a replacement ??

IMG_8088.jpg

State farm drone insurance is not available in California.
Again, not to beat a dead horse, but you say you’ve never been without insurance for “dame/loos of drone & Big third party”
I assume you mean Famage and Loss.

Mind sharing specifically who you got the insurance from?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic