I Skinned My P3S!

Reaction score
I thought I'd share my first attempt at "skinning" my P3S. My application of the skin is far from perfect, but I think it looks OK.
f7c067150660fb3193e8c8a3c1d1e524.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I skinned mine with the Carbon Fiber from DecalGirl. The cut wasnt exact but it was close enough. Did you find the cut on the pieces matched perfectly? Directly after skinning mine, my drone got a compass error, switched to ATTI, and smashed into a tree LOL. I don't know if the two are related, but whateva.

No, the cut wasn't perfect but pretty darn close. I'm not digging your run-in with the tree! Had you flown before in that area without the skin?

No, the cut wasn't perfect but pretty darn close. I'm not digging your run-in with the tree! Had you flown before in that area without the skin?

I had flown that and never received a compass error before until I skinned it. But my subsequent Phantom did get compass errors in the same area, so I don't think it was the skin. I have heard others say that the skin wouldn't affect the GPS at all. I think it was just a bad coincidence.

I had flown that and never received a compass error before until I skinned it. But my subsequent Phantom did get compass errors in the same area, so I don't think it was the skin. I have heard others say that the skin wouldn't affect the GPS at all. I think it was just a bad coincidence.

Subsequent Phantom? So the tree hit was fatal?

Subsequent Phantom? So the tree hit was fatal?
The tree hit was fatal, no doubt. Broke the gimbal completely off from the phantom, lost 2 props, wouldnt link with the controller any longer. I sent it in to DJI to repair, if they can - LOL. I then went to Target and bought another one, the same day. LOL.

I got my P3S on Thanksgiving. I really like the looks of these drones; however, if I had to send it into DJI for warranty work would this affect the coverage? Especially if they decided (in a rare case) the phantom needed to be replaced.

It's a vinyl sticker so it peels off very easily and leaves no residue or stickiness behind so if you had to send it anyway just peel it off and send it in and it is inexpensive around 20 bucks

Sent from my 831C using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klik4d