I sing myself to sleep every night to John Denver's "Take Me Home Country Roads" which means I must be from...

Reaction score
West "By God" Virginia, as they call it these parts. Specifically Martinsburg, WV, which is located in the State's Eastern Panhandle -- sandwiched by Pennsylvania and Maryland just to the north, Virginia to the south, and a stone's throw to Washington, DC to the southeast.

Have been flying a DJI Spark since June of 2017 (my first UAV), but recently purchased a Phantom 4 Pro Obsidian and am in the process of forming "Flyover Images", my new aerial photography/videography business serving WV's Eastern Panhandle as well as the border areas of the states listed above. Obtained my FAA Part 107 license back in July and just received my FAA Airspace Authorization for Martinsburg's (KMRB) Class Delta airspace earlier this month. This new venture will complement my 35+ year career as a Wedding DJ & Master of Ceremonies as Rick Rohn Disc Jockey Productions. My wife is the Chief Professional Officer for all three of our area Boys & Girls Clubs (Berkeley, Morgan, & Jefferson Counties, WV), and our daughter is a 2016 graduate of West Virginia University, and continues to live and work in Morgantown. We're a family of "Mountaineers" and love our WVU Football and Basketball.

Currently trying to squeeze-in as many "training flights" as possible with my P4P Obsidian as the winter weather approaches and loving every opportunity I get to fly. Looking forward to the insights here and learning a lot more about my bird (and I've got LOTS to learn LOL!).

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome! Glad to see another Mountaineer on here. I manage the UAS program for the WV Division of Forestry, and also have my own business, Ozburn Enterprises, LLC operating out of Morgantown. I’d like to hear more about your success with the Class D authorization, as MGW doesn’t participate in LAANC and I haven’t attempted an author as yet. If you prefer, I can be reached at [email protected].

Welcome to the forum :)

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
0rojyyg-png.95983

Welcome to the forum! :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers