I just noticed I have a crack in my lens

Reaction score
Hey does any one know if dji or any after market selling might be ever offering any sort of replacement protective lens for the p3 pro???

when I first got my p3 pro I noticed what looked like a small hair or something on the outer lens of my p3 that never seemed to wipe of so I figured it much be inside and it was right out side the viewing area. So it didnt seem like any big whoop. But last night when I was wiping I finger print off. I noticed I could feel it with my finger nail and then tried to wipe it off with a lens cloth and noticed not only did some lint from the cloth seem to catch on it. just the slight pressure from wiping it made it become more apparent that its actually a small crack. and its starting to grow.

Id really hate to have to go threw any ordeal of sending it back for some thing such as that and so I was wondering if any one knows of any place I could maybe get some kind of replacement?

I was wondering if a 29.5mm filer would fit directly or even if it had the right threads.Then It dawned on me to bust out some of my glass catalogs from when i used to do glass working and it seems 29.5 dia. is also a common size for other application. I was able to find some optically clear disks that are 29.5mm x 1 which would be a perfect fit to replace the glass. But I would have to buy a whole pack of 25 of them to get them directly form the factory. So I went and looked around some more and then found some that were sapphire glass but are 1.5 thick but pretty pricy at $25 each. But I'm going to contact them tomorrow to see if they have then in 1mm of if they can get a weight on them. Being I'm not sure if 1.5mm would be to heavy esp considering that sapphire is a lot heavier then flint or quarts glass. But it least its nearly imposable to scratch sapphire being the only thing harder then sapphire and ruby is diamond. Its also pretty hard to break to.

A polarizer needs to be rotated in order for it to properly work... Does one just set it and hope it is at the correct angle in relation to the sun?

Reactions: isopro
Here is how to work out polarization...

pretend of a sec you are a kid, make a gun with your hand...

Thumb up, finger forward...

Point your thumb at the sun and the area where your forefinger is pointing to will be the area which will be most polarized... So if you wanting to shoot downwards like most of us mid day sun will polarize your horizon and anything before or after will polarize the water below you... Trying to remove reflections from water at mid day will be short of useless

I dont have a polarizer for the P3 yet but on circular polarizers, there should be a notch or a white line, this should point toward the sun...

So essentially, you would need to to put your P3 in a position for all of these to work... I watched a video where a well know youtuber from Tennessee (not naming names) was showing how it worked... but in reality he had NO CLUE... pretty much has no clue on anything to do with P3s even though he seems to have had a few...

Last edited:
I ended up going with a blank mineral glass disk that was the right size and just dropped right in after getting the o ring out and the old glass out. $7 with shipping.

I ended up going with a blank mineral glass disk that was the right size and just dropped right in after getting the o ring out and the old glass out. $7 with shipping.
Can you post the link to the glass?

IF ANY ONE IS THINKING of one of them blanks I used DONT.

Even though when Inside and testing things out to make sure the view was right and all that every thing seems fine. BUT I just got a chance to fly it and all my pics and video look look poo poo. there is on area in all the pics that looks blurry and if I zoom in on the pics and look at them its really bad in the spot were its at in the pics. Tho there was a smudge i had to wipe off so I will have to get some more pics tomorrow and see if that goes away. But for some reason I cant notice it in the videos at all.

But one thing I do also notice in the pics and the videos is they are hazy as heck from not having any UV filtering in the new glass. and if Im at all facing which ever way the sun is in the sky its even more intense. and really does need some uv filtering. So even if I can take care of the smudge the no uv filtering is going to to be big problem.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic