I hit the Max Height limit! 1654.2 FT!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That looks like Dallas / Fort Worth. No air traffic there... All planes are grounded and cancelled because its blowing 10 mph and a bolt of lightening struck 4 hours ago.
You know I was on a c17 in texas before that was grounded because of lightning. I thought it was crazy that this was suppose to fly me into a war zone where it would be at risk for rocket fire but apparently they didn't want to anger zeus.

All good till someone takes out a plane. Then dji will put a 50 foot restriction in place.
Probably will never happen.

There is absolutely no factual evidence to support the fear of small personal drones. There have been hundreds of thousands of hours of flight time in the US by untrained and unlicensed individuals using small UAS aircraft that would qualify as a 'Micro Drone' and possibly more than a million hours worldwide, yet there is not one verifiable report of a drone crash that resulted in a serious injury to someone not connected to the flight. Not one. (A Band-Aid is not a serious injury- See CFR 49-820.2).

I am not saying that a serious accident can't or won't happen. It may in the future, but the fear of small drones is hugely overstated and the fear mongering by people on this forum is misguided at best and harmful at worst. Stop it.

The FAA executive in charge of integrating unmanned aerial systems (UAS) into the National Airspace System (NAS) (Jim Williams) says that if and when a small UAS and a manned aircraft collide, the manned aircraft isn't likely to suffer serious damage. Williams was speaking to a nervous audience of helicopter operators at HAI Heli-Expo in Orlando (March 2015) and said that while there's never been a reported contact between an sUAS and a civilian aircraft, the military has some experience in that regard. In all cases the aircraft was virtually unscathed while the UAS was "smashed to pieces."

As hyper-sensitive as the general public and the news organizations are to personal drone "disasters", even a broken window in a Florida home was national news: (http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/miami-dade/hialeah/article11873771.html)

A broken window damaged by a personal drone made the news? You would expect a serious injury or actual collision with a manned aircraft will certainly make the news.

Reactions: JayB and imwhitey
From what I can tell is this forum is filled with uninformed, speculation, & random crap. No one can really trust any posts. It's like people are making stuff up. People are making posts about how to get the iOS app work without any substance. People are saying the app will happen in the next 4 weeks? There are trolls/idiots so no one knows for sure. I will tell you right now there is no magic bullet. There is no iOS app. There is an Android app that works and that's it. You need to activate your drone before first flight and it doesn't always come up on the app. You need to activate while on wifi. I'm learning so much but I have to sift through the messages and then it's trial and error. Most of what is on the forum is ********.

You might be right about some of what you say. But you know what, the word profanity is in the rules. And it is not encouraged.

So, to answer someone's question. Yep, I know how forums work... ;) :p

Reactions: dirkclod
You might be right about some of what you say. But you know what, the word profanity is in the rules. And it is not encouraged.
Kick *** link IflyinWY! I always appreciate the guy looking out for the guy.

Ianwood, I like you and have learned from you, but please stop with calling people names if they break your rules.

Not my rules, Steve. I honestly don't care that much if someone flies to 1,500ft. I do care when it's on Youtube. When the FAA finds videos of drones at 1,500ft, they tend to do something about it. That's not good for any of us.

And yes, call me crazy, but I do take issue with people who think because there's no clear rules, they can do as they please.

Not my rules, Steve. I honestly don't care that much if someone flies to 1,500ft. I do care when it's on Youtube. When the FAA finds videos of drones at 1,500ft, they tend to do something about it. That's not good for any of us.

And yes, call me crazy, but I do take issue with people who think because there's no clear rules, they can do as they please.
images4HKE7OJ0.jpg
If ya say so bro ...
uu.jpg
;)

Wasn't the last proposal (not made into law) a 500ft limit and line of sight requirement for pilot / observer by naked eye?
Naked eye?? Are spectacles factored into that requirement or is that with them removed???

So you mean to sit here and say you have never had a drone over 400ft?Honestly people aren't going to live by YOUR rules just because your paranoid and wear an aluminum foil hat.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Julius717
I was feeling really good today and decided to go for it! I was 30 feet away and took it straight up as high as it would go. It got to 1654.2 feet and then I got a message saying the the max altitude was reached and to change it in the settings. It got up there rather quickly going 11 MPH. It still had 91% battery left when it reached the limit. I hovered for a couple minutes then hit my RTH button and down she came! I kind of wish that 500m limit wasn't there. It was nice to see things from that POV. in the video I can see my dads house and that is over 5 miles away!. I am uploading the video now and will post the link as soon as its done. Its completely unedited so nothing special.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Really shocked how good the Advanced camera is, i did not expect it to be that good. very impressed with the quality.

if you dont live in the US, is the 500m limit changeable? Thoughts on DJI extending it in the future?

So you mean to sit here and say you have never had a drone over 400ft?Honestly people aren't going to live by YOUR rules just because your paranoid and wear an aluminum foil hat.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sorry I have to jump in on this if I may

It's obvious and clear what he was saying and where his lines were, your responses were off the mark, that was a tad unfair attack really. If we break down what he said you will see no confusion where he was coming from, there is plenty to have an alternate view on in this thread but that wasn't one of them.

IE: "and say you have never had a drone over 400ft". I didn't see him say that sorry

he said " I honestly don't care that much if someone flies to 1,500ft."

He cares if it's put on the net for all to see, I can understand that as well and go along with it.

Reactions: clkilljoy

So there are tons of videos with folks flying really high ( above 1000 feet). So tell me exactly what the FAA has done so far. I'm interested to hear

From what I can tell is this forum is filled with uninformed, speculation, & random crap. No one can really trust any posts. It's like people are making stuff up. People are making posts about how to get the iOS app work without any substance. People are saying the app will happen in the next 4 weeks? There are trolls/idiots so no one knows for sure. I will tell you right now there is no magic bullet. There is no iOS app. There is an Android app that works and that's it. You need to activate your drone before first flight and it doesn't always come up on the app. You need to activate while on wifi. I'm learning so much but I have to sift through the messages and then it's trial and error. Most of what is on the forum is ********.
That's just the way forum's work. The content is user generated, therefore, what the user base deems important or popular is going to be the majority of threads. If you want to talk about a different topic, simply start another thread.

Reactions: fakbik and dirkclod
Lmao. I'm on probably 30 different forums ranging from cars to guns to rc cars to drones, and the drone/quad copter forums are by far filled with the biggest babies. Lol

I hope more people post vids from over 400ft. I know that's my goal now. Ha

Reactions: dirkclod
I got a video from 500ft of me flying over the golden gate bridge let me find it ha

I would also be interested to know if and when the FAA has EVER stepped in and done something due to an internet video regarding drones. Maybe they have, but I don't know anyone who is aware of it. I would like to see it verified just so we all can know it's not hearsay.

I would also be interested to know if and when the FAA has EVER stepped in and done something due to an internet video regarding drones. Maybe they have, but I don't know anyone who is aware of it. I would like to see it verified just so we all can know it's not hearsay.

My friends brother, has a cousin who has a uncle who's sisters kid had a friends who's dad that got in trouble. True story. I swear

So there are tons of videos with folks flying really high ( above 1000 feet). So tell me exactly what the FAA has done so far. I'm interested to hear

You'd have to ask the FAA .There are also plenty of stories of people who have had FAA investigators, local authorities, etc. giving them trouble. What comes of it, I have no idea. But at some point, they go quiet and the videos vanish.

So you mean to sit here and say you have never had a drone over 400ft?

Never. I wouldn't want to have the guilt of putting someone's life in danger just so I can get my kicks. Glad you think you can get away with it but the reality is you have no idea if there is a Cessna at 1,000ft closing at 150kts. By the time you see it, you wouldn't have time to get out of the way. You have no beacon, no strobes. You're a flying projectile.

Honestly people aren't going to live by YOUR rules just because your paranoid and wear an aluminum foil hat.

You're confusing paranoid with responsible. It won't be me knocking on your door. It'll be your local FSDO.

If it can be proved, then it's good information and should be taken into consideration. However, I tire of "the sky is falling" when it is nothing but personal opinion. If it's personal opinion, just say so, but no one is going to tell me where and how to fly my own equipment unless it's official and stupidly unsafe. One person's unsafe is another's frontier. The sky is NOT falling.

FAA tells Gorham man he must take down his drone website

By CBS 13
Posted March 16, 2015, at 10:42 a.m.
Last modified March 16, 2015, at 2:23 p.m.

GORHAM, Maine — A Gorham man is in the middle of a drone dispute. The Federal Aviation Administration is saying he needs to stop what he’s doing, but he feels he’s done nothing wrong.

Steve Girard created a side company called Xtreme Aerial View in order to make some extra money. Girard uses a quadcopter to take aerial pictures and videos for real estate, weddings and more.

Girard said last week someone from the FAA called, left a voicemail and told him to stop and shut down his website because his commercial use of the drone was against the rules.

Girard said he contacted a few legal experts who believe the FAA is overreaching and may be violating his First Amendment right.

“Let us do what we want to do and do it safe. If we do something out of line, well just get some fines or licenses. That’s what we need,” said Girard.

The FAA is currently working on approving proposed regulations. It could be another year a set list of restrictions is finalized.

http://bangordailynews.com/2015/03/...rham-man-he-must-take-down-his-drone-website/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.