I have been using Da Vinci resolve.

Reaction score
does any body know how to do some good editing on that program I have been trying for the past couple of weeks lol but I cant figure out how to add music or cut slides or anything needing Suggestions, or help does any body else know of some cool editing programs that are free?

Sorry, link didn't come out right. Google Goat's Eye View for complete tutorials.

I use cyberlink, works well for me, plus try before you buy! LoL

Davinci is hard. Youtube is your friend. And google. Thats really it.

Whatever it is you're trying to do if you look it up i can almost guarantee youll find steps to do it.

Ive self taught myself on DaVinci and while i am nowhere near proficient, ive learned a ton and now have a basic workflow for my drone footage.

Learning any video editing platform will take time and effort but its great once you get a basic understanding.

Reactions: Ripper7620
I use Davinci Resolve 15 with after effects and Photoshop to do all my photography and video work. I prefer Resolve over Premiere Pro. Resolve is easier to use and it is free! I have used it to make many professional videos. It is the best video editor out there IMO. If you want full features, it's only 300 bucks to unlock full version!

Like said above, YouTube is your best friend. Davinci Resolve 15 BM beta 2 is absolutely the sheet after you get a handle on it.

I'm a longtime Premiere user, but started playing with Resolve when it hit version 12. Two things about Resolve: you need their hardware if you want full screen output on your DCI 4K production monitor. The Lite version won't do 4K renders. It's limited to 3.8K renders and your 4K footage will be letterboxed. Their Intensity Pro 4K card only can output 3.8K. I called them on this and they admitted I would have to use one of their high end products such as Decklink 8K if I want 4K 60P output for my 4K theater projector.

I explored Resolve because Premiere was struggling with 4K footage on my newly built dual Xeon E5-2667 workstation with 128GB RAM and Quadro M6000 GPU. The system has all solid state drives, so no bottlenecks, but dropped frames constantly with only 12% CPU utilization and 1-2% GPU utilization. Unfortunately, Resolve wasn't any better.

Now that I'm working with Phantom 4 Pro 2.0 footage, which I learned is high profile h.264, it's much worse. Hundreds of frames dropped in a ten minute playback. But at least I can edit and render out HEVC, which plays on the in house Oppo UDP-203 out to our DCI 4K projector. I must say that the footage looks better than it has any right to for a $1500 drone. I've gotten shots that look as good on a 12' screen up close as I've seen in Hollywood movies on Blu-ray and even Ultra HD, at least resolution-wise. It lacks some of the 'creaminess' of the Sony F65 or the ARRI cameras, but for the money, it's damned good.

Nice to hear they dropped the price for the full version to $300. It was a grand when I first looked into it a few years ago.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20