I Don't want to use my Iphone..

Reaction score
Hi all,

I want to use a tablet instead of my iPhone and dedicate it for P3P only nothing else on it (games etc).. I saw this new tablet as money in scare, would this one be safe and ok to fly with, or can any one else recommend a cheap tablet..

Huawei Media Pad T3 8" 4G 16GB Android Tablet
Processor Qualcomm Quad-core (1.4GHz) Huawei Kirin Octa-core 2.36GHz
RAM & ROM 2G+16G 3G+32G
Battery 4800mAh, up to 9.8 hrs video play 5100mAh, up to 10.6 hrs video play
Front and Rear Camera 2MP and 5MP 2MP and 5MP
Operation System Android 8.0(Oreo)+ EMUI 8.0 Android 8.0(Oreo)+ EMUI 8.0

Or any cheap tablet you recommend

Thanks in advance

Keep safe

Len

That tablet should work just fine.

Reactions: Lenj
Agree on the iPad mini. I use the 4 myself. Used from eBay, WiFi only are reasonably priced and do the job well. It's the only one I have used so cant recommend others.

Agree on the iPad mini. I use the 4 myself. Used from eBay, WiFi only are reasonably priced and do the job well. It's the only one I have used so cant recommend others.
Hi,

Yes I did look at the iPhone Mini...Thanks for help, its much appreciated..

Thx Len

I use my old 2nd gen iPad mini wifi only with my P3A and have had no problems.

The number one thing you want to look for is a tablet that supports 700 NITS and above. People jump on the tablet bandwagon because of the size, but become frustrated when they are not able to view what's on the screen due to screen glare. Whatever you get make sure you are able to get a hood (Sun blocker) for it. I have use tablets, phones, crystalsky's and a pair of Epson bt 300 and for each of the flat surface devices I either find a shady spot to stand under or like my crystalsky I have a hood to keep the glare down.

The number one thing you want to look for is a tablet that supports 700 NITS and above. People jump on the tablet bandwagon because of the size, but become frustrated when they are not able to view what's on the screen due to screen glare. Whatever you get make sure you are able to get a hood (Sun blocker) for it. I have use tablets, phones, crystalsky's and a pair of Epson bt 300 and for each of the flat surface devices I either find a shady spot to stand under or like my crystalsky I have a hood to keep the glare down.

Hi,

Thx for info, what is the 700 NITS?? never seen that on any tablet.

I have just seen this NEW tablet for £50 is this able to work??
10'' 4G-LTE Tablet PC Android 10.0 8+256GB WIFI GPS Dual SIM Cam Thin Phablet UK

Thx again Len

Last edited:
Hi,

Thx for info, what is the 700 NITS?? never seen that on any tablet.

I have just seen this NEW tablet for £50 is this able to work??
10'' 4G-LTE Tablet PC Android 10.0 8+256GB WIFI GPS Dual SIM Cam Thin Phablet UK

Thx again Len
"NITS" is the brightness level of the tablet/phone, the higher the NITS the better the screen will appear. The DJI Crystalsky have 1000 NITS, most of the Apple tablets range around 500-700. Newer phones have around 800-1200, so to get the most out of whatever device you use check the specs on brightness (you can find the info on the web on most devices).

"NITS" is the brightness level of the tablet/phone, the higher the NITS the better the screen will appear. The DJI Crystalsky have 1000 NITS, most of the Apple tablets range around 500-700. Newer phones have around 800-1200, so to get the most out of whatever device you use check the specs on brightness (you can find the info on the web on most devices).

Thx, I have never heard of that before.....

Len

Thx, I have never heard of that before.....

Len

All of the iPads have fairly high Maximum Brightness, from 415 cd/m 2 (nits) for the iPad Air 2, to 424 nits for the iPad Pro, and 450 nits for the iPad mini 4. High screen Brightness is only needed when in High Ambient Light, so most of the time the Brightness should be set lower than the maximum.
iPad mini 4, iPad Air 2, and iPad Pro Display Technology ...

www.displaymate.com/iPad_2015_ShootOut_1.htm

The measured Peak Brightness for the iPad Pro 9.7 is 511 cd/m2 (nits), which is not only more than 20 percent brighter than the iPad Air 2 and the other current iPads, but it is the brightest full size production Tablet that we have tested. High screen Brightness is only needed when in High Ambient Light, so most of the time the Brightness should be set lower than the maximum.

Display Brightness

All of these Flagship Tablets have fairly bright displays, with the Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 the brightest full size Tablet that we have measured so far in this Shoot-Out series, with an impressive Peak Brightness of 527 cd/m2 (sometimes called nits). Part of this is due to its high performance and high efficiency LTPS LCD display discussed above. The iPad Air has a very Good 449 cd/m2 and the Nexus 10 has a somewhat lower but still very good 398 cd/m2. Note that it is important to appropriately adjust the display brightness in order to preserve battery power and running time, and also to reduce eye strain from too bright a display. See the Brightness and Contrast section for details.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.