I crashed!

You could have gotten some good footage from above tree top level.

No I can attest to the Prop guards. I have them and I was messing with my wife one day by flying over the house and sitting outsider her window in her office and then as I was trying to move away from the window I had some lag, ARRRGGGHHH, I hate lag, and by the time the video resolved, I was hitting a small juniper tree. Same thing happened, the blades hit the branches, it fell about 10-15 ft to the ground, I immediately hit the sticks down to power off and ran to the backyard. To my surprise and delight, all was well. No issues at all other than the prop guards were toast. Guess they did their job. I cleaned the grass and juniper stains off the blades and made sure all was well, and flew it a couple minutes later to make sure all was ok, and it was. Been flying since without issues.

Other than the darn video lag due to overheating of iPad from what I've learned. I did bounce off the window though using the prop guards. That worked beautifully. So if you were flying indoors or around tight spaces. Then I would highly suggest them. The P3P just bounced right off and kept going. Didn't phase it a bit. I'm sure if you hit it very hard, that would be a different story. But I was hovering near the window and it bounced off the window without issue.
Why do these types of things always happen when the wife is watching? Never fails.

i have lots of amazing footage above the trees.

I was asked to do that specific shot, they wanted what you see as you drive up the hill to the clubhouse.

Well LOS and close proximity then. When I had to fly near trees to get a shot of an air raid siren I used a spotter to help.

i have lots of amazing footage above the trees.

I was asked to do that specific shot, they wanted what you see as you drive up the hill to the clubhouse.

Keep in mind that the gimbal and camera still work when you aren't flying. You can walk the drone along a tricky path and speed it up in post, hold it above a sunroof, etc. to get some shots that would be challenging even when in LoS.

Well LOS and close proximity then. When I had to fly near trees to get a shot of an air raid siren I used a spotter to help.

it was totally my fault. this was the second attempt and I got overconfident. I had LOS but lost track of it in the shade. I should have waited until later in the day when it was brighter.

That was a cool suggestion from Dave Ward though.

Hey Jay,
Hope you have much better flying luck tomorrow.
Cheer up, it's only a hobby, & money... ;-)

See you on the flying field.

RedHotPoker

Reactions: passive jay

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.