I crashed my P3A, it still flys but motors maybe misaligned??

Reaction score
Weird, I crashed my drone, hit a tread and it landed exactly face down on its propellers. They were destroyed. There were a few small cracks in the upper and the motors seemed to be pointed in weird directions (it landed on the motors essentially). So I just tried to fly it for the first time (a few months later) and it actually actually flew. I was out in front of my home around a lot power lines so I couldn't go high but it held it position fine, where things got weird is when the controls didn't seem a precise as they should be. If I tapped right it would be slow to respond and then it would be slow to stop when I released. I don't know if this has anything to do with the crash or if I just need to run my firmware update. Can anyone help me make a connection or give me an idea as to what to do?

Thanks!

The motors do have some tilt to them from the factory by design.
This is similar to dihedral for added stability and possible reduction in the tendency for 'vortex ring state' which can occur when descending vertically.
If you look at larger MRs you can see the arms tilted up to form a cone like shape to achieve similar performance.

Yes the motors are canted on purpose as N017RW has already stated. Perhaps you have a setting or two off in the DJI Go app and that is why it is not as responsive as you remembered. Also you can use PlastAid to repair the cracks in the shell if you haven't already repaired them, it works wonderfully.

Reactions: N017RW
I understand the motors are suppose to be titled, but how can I tell they have the correct tilt? I feel like they may be over or under tilted due to the crash? Also, is it easy to replace the full upper plastic piece? Or is there a lot of electronics mounted to it?

Thanks

I understand the motors are suppose to be titled, but how can I tell they have the correct tilt? I feel like they may be over or under tilted due to the crash? Also, is it easy to replace the full upper plastic piece? Or is there a lot of electronics mounted to it?

Thanks
getting the shell apart is the hard part, the gps module is connected under the top of the top shell, I would not waste money on replacing the shell or worrying about the motors, if it flies with no error then it flies

Reactions: N017RW

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4