I crashed:( and now have problem ith gimble, help apreciated.

I noticed in his skypixel edit that the drone is shaking bad left to right. I don't think even a newbie would fly like that. Starting to wonder if all important calibrations were made before first flight? It almost looks like the drone is confused due to calibration issues.

buy a cheap drone learn how to fly before you go and waist money on something over your head

I learnt on a 4 channel v911 helicopter the controls are basically the same then moved up to larger 4 channel choppers, was worth it, without this tuition I also could have crashed my advanced.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Drone Master
I do not think recalibration would fix it , however returning it to Apple after explaining honestly what happened may work. If no DJI now has less than 2 weeks turn time repair . And during this time I suggest getting another cheap drone that you can fly till you get your bird back. If you were in Texas I would let you use one of my 3 cx 20 Cheerson drones that I used to fly before the phantom 4 .
Any way do not let this accident deter you from enjoying the hobby
We all can have some oops from time to time no matter how experienced

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I don't think DJI or Apple will cover the repairs for "free" as it was user error, but DJI will repair it for you & bring her back to normal functionality. They may even do so at a reduced price but you'll need to send her in for an estimate.

So my 3rd or 4th flight out and i hit a small tree, drone dropped maybe 5 ft onto the floor, have a small crack in the casing. Took it somewhere else a little bit more open and sent her up again. However the camera is shaking from side to side, everything works ok it just wobbles from side to side, if i hover then the camera settles down , kinda hard to explain. When i figure out how to upload videos etc i will post a link.

Edit:
SkyPixel

I'm guessing I'm gonna have to send it in to be repaired, whats the process for doing this ? its 2 weeks old tomorrow and i bought it from the apple store. Will they accept it back ?

Reactions: Jussaguy
You only have 48 hours after activating the Phantom to purchase DJI Care.
Thanks for the update on that. I myself have not bothered with the details on DJI Care. Our dealership does not deal directly with DJI regarding that product other than online with DJI and it's store. Does it say in the go app during registration that you have 48 hours to purchase the care? I have not seen this yet unless it was entered in the last go app update 2.7.2. for IOS. Interesting.

I do not think recalibration would fix it , however returning it to Apple after explaining honestly what happened may work. If no DJI now has less than 2 weeks turn time repair . And during this time I suggest getting another cheap drone that you can fly till you get your bird back. If you were in Texas I would let you use one of my 3 cx 20 Cheerson drones that I used to fly before the phantom 4 .
Any way do not let this accident deter you from enjoying the hobby
We all can have some oops from time to time no matter how experienced

Probably right but it takes so little time to recalibrate why not. If it were me, I might even take the back off the camera to see if anything got jarred loose...only four screws.

Just bring it back to apple and ask for a exchange. Tell the sales/manager your P4 hit a tree while in beginner mode. Apparently the object avoiding System is defective. Shouldn't be a problem

Reactions: phantom13flyer
Thanks for all the info. Everything was calibrated after moving to the 2nd location. My video before the crash is perfect but the 1st (and all subsequent 3 short ones) were the `Shakey cam` The phantom was fine and steady as a rock, no wobble or anything at all. It seems to be the camera that shakes side to side until the drone is dead still. if i fly forward or backwards its nowhere near as bad but going from side to side is way worse. If i hold the drone in my hand and move it you can see the camera moving side to side, if i dont move the drone you can see the camera move side to side until it settles.

Ive had the drone 2 weeks and spent hours every night watching videos, using the simulator, reading up on them before going out today with it. I realize reading and watching are totally different to using it and made sure i did everything that was needed before flying. Ive tried re calibrating the gmble, doing the IMU and the compass but nothing changed.

Heres another link with a bit more `shakeyness`

SkyPixel

I`m gonna call in the apple store tomorrow and just see what they say,its worth a shot.

Don't call. Walk in the apple store with the quad and everything in the box

Reactions: Sim597
One of the most important things you can do when flying (especially when just starting out), is immediately get above the tallest obstacle in the area.
If you're in beginner mode, you might look at a wide open field, and stand smack dab in the middle. With experience
flying a few different UAVs, I still make it a point to get above troublesome foliage a.s.a.p..

Even with experience, I still fly in a close by park to 'hone' skills. Keeping camera on target while moving
isn't easy at all, and one or two traffic cones in a big field will go a long way in learning orientation and flight controls.

Don't get discouraged... get 'er fixed, and get back flying!

Reactions: JGuff330
buy a cheap drone learn how to fly before you go and waist money on something over your head
What a ridiculous reply. You know this guy is the internet king and just sits on his computer all night belittling people in forums all night lol

Don't call. Walk in the apple store with the quad and everything in the box

Sorry i meant that, I'm an Englishman living in the USA and tend to still speak how they do in the UK :) when i said `call in` i meant call in to the store as in walk in:)

Reactions: Jussaguy
at the end of his thread he said should I just take it back to apple store
I suggest it also, the P4 is suppose to have front object avoidance. If it run into a tree in beginner mode. I think he have a legit claimed to get it replace.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20