I crashed:( and now have problem ith gimble, help apreciated.

Reaction score
So my 3rd or 4th flight out and i hit a small tree, drone dropped maybe 5 ft onto the floor, have a small crack in the casing. Took it somewhere else a little bit more open and sent her up again. However the camera is shaking from side to side, everything works ok it just wobbles from side to side, if i hover then the camera settles down , kinda hard to explain. When i figure out how to upload videos etc i will post a link.

Edit:
SkyPixel

I'm guessing I'm gonna have to send it in to be repaired, whats the process for doing this ? its 2 weeks old tomorrow and i bought it from the apple store. Will they accept it back ?

Last edited:
buy a cheap drone learn how to fly first it helps out alot

Last edited:
. Will they accept it back ?
maybe but you crashed it right? Hmm another one of these threads. Huh

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

NOW!, NOW! Fellas! We all start off as newbies in the beginning. And I'm sure we have had our share of accidents in that time.
Some of us know to start off small with trainer drones and move up to what we have now. Some choose to go big from the beginning and will most likely have to spend money for their inexperience. fcat will have to send his aircraft to DJI and just take the hit for the repair. It's just that simple.

Bummer man... I haven't been on this forum very long, but this seems to be the kind of "help" you can expect around here. From what I've seen it is mostly high post count folks either complaining about the legalities of how you are flying, or making unhelpful and derogatory comments.
Unfortunately since it was a crash and sounds like not caused by an equipment failure, I doubt DJI will repair for free (nor does it sound like you expect them to). I'm not sure where you are located, but there are some "drone repair" services around the US (along with a few local hobby shops) that will repair at a nominal cost. A buddy of mine used a local hobby shop and was happy with the outcome... not to mention it was much faster than sending to DJI. I have no affiliation, but came across this with a quick google search
Phantom Repair Service – Dronefly

Good luck with the repair

NOW!, NOW! Fellas! We all start off as newbies in the beginning. And I'm sure we have had our share of accidents in that time.
Some of us know to start off small with trainer drones and move up to what we have now. Some choose to go big from the beginning and will most likely have to spend money for their inexperience. fcat will have to send his aircraft to DJI and just take the hit for the repair. It's just that simple.

Thanks for the post, i appreciate it. I had my Phantom bought out of the blue by my wife for my birthday 2 weeks ago and yes maybe i could.should have got a smaller drone to practice but i chose not to and as you say, made a mistake and will pay for the consequences! Paying for a repair etc doesn't bother me in the slightest , unbeknown to me, my wife set aside some $$ as she knew we may need them for this very thing! lol

Thanks again and ill research getting it repaired by DJI.

Last edited:
I will give you best advice every buy some drone insurance and that way you are covered for any wrecks that happen

buy a cheap drone learn how to fly before you go and waist money on something over your head
Well, that was constructive!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: flpholt
flpholt does have an interesting point. Use the extra $$ and buy the DJI care package, Then wait about a week or so and then send it in. It might just turn out to be less than the repair would be with out it.

and no keith any one cant fly a drone there is a learning curve to it

I would take to Apple for them to send out for repair. Or do the insurance thing and wait a week. I prefer the former, but that's just me.

Some people on this forum would have you think you can't learn to fly on a P4 and need to practise on something cheaper/simpler. Couldn't disagree more. If you do your homework, don't rush in and spend plenty of time in wide open spaces practising your flying, then the P4 is a great place to start. Get DJI Care for six months peace of mind (it covers pilot error) if you think it appropriate. Flying Phantoms isn't some kind of voodoo magic. You start slow, practice, learn, RTFM, progress. To be told you're in over your head is ridiculous. Unfortunate you had a prang and might have damaged your aircraft but it will soon be fixed and you'll be in the air again.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Have you tried auto-calibrating the gimbal from the DJI GO app? I would also recalibrate the IMU and Compass while I'm at it.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl