I Can't Say Much But... LOOK!

That and the whole "mine is better than yours" thing
That sure does bring out the worst in some people it seems

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I had problems signing up also via mobile device but once I went to something bigger it worked fine
The scrolling was screwy and it said I did not add a time zone when there was no place to indicate a time zone
When I went to a computer all was well

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Isn't a Mavic really just an updated P4 in a different shell?
I hope there is a P5, otherwise this successful forum will slowly die.
Sure seems like a good way to lose the member base.
I think it's a bad idea, but it's not my forum.

I would much rather a DJIPilots forum base rather than separated forums.
Alot of phantom knowledge from P1,2,3 and 4 will now be in a completely different place, one you have to log in separately but looks the same ... Most of us own more than one DJI product too.

Not the way to go in my opinion ...

I don't know much about how forums earn money. But I'm assuming that it has something to do with member traffic and advertising. I guess three separate forums cause three times as much traffic for members who are registered at all three formus. And businesses have to pay three times as much to advertise on all three forms. This is definitely a business decision that has to do with money. I can't see how this benefits members at all.

Still don't understand why these are completely separate forums, requiring separate registration and memberships and causing duplicates instead of just being sections of the same forum like the P1/2/3/4 are on here. Makes no sense at all.
The P1,2,3 & 4 are all Phantoms. The DJI Inspire has it's own forum too. All cars have 4 wheels & drive but I see Corvette forums, Camaro forums, Mustang forums, Yugo forums ... not just one car forum for all cars. ;)

Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future. - John F. Kennedy

The P1,2,3 & 4 are all Phantoms. The DJI Inspire has it's own forum too. All cars have 4 wheels & drive but I see Corvette forums, Camaro forums, Mustang forums, Yugo forums ... not just one car forum for all cars. ;)

But all the DJI drones use the same software.
Very similar hardware.
Same news

Etc etc etc.

I still think its a bad idea for the users.

I would prefer every DJI quad under one forum and agree with what people are saying about
many things in common with Mavic. But this forum is titled PhantomPilots.
So a what do you do with something that is not a Phantom?
In hind sight they should have named this forum DJIpilots. But they did not.
So that leaves us stuck with a seperate forum and when DJI comes out with another name, quess what?
Another forum.

Not necessarily. There is very little inspire talk here as it all goes to InspirePilots. We can expect the same with Mavic as we discontinue the mavic sections here and move that traffic there.
Think it`s a good idea, can`t wait to get going once we get our toys.

The Mavic could just as easily be named "Phantom Mini", and then it would deserve a place on this forum? I don't think a different name justify a separated forum, when the ecosystem is the same, many of the same function, knowledge and the appeal to the same interest group(Phantom owners).

The DJI Inspire has it's own forum too.
Which was already stupid at the time, although more understandable since there was significant difference between the platforms.

But now all current DJI machines work on the same platform, with common procedures/user experience and only minor differences. More than half of the operation of a DJI machine is the DJI Go app, why should that commonality be triplicated? The intelligent batteries of all of Inspire, Phantoms and Mavic operate in the same way, require the same care and procedures etc...
Not even talking of all the "accessory" topics e.g. regulations that you place in the "Industries" category that are common to everyone...

So instead of making yet one separate forum what should be looked into is rather to merge the Inspire and Phantom forums. Less "maintenance" and information spread both for the users and for you.

I've run forums for 15 years and it's now a full time job for me along with other businesses I own. Initially, I had a forum for a certain type of car from a manufacturer, and when a new car was released I opened another forum for that model, and after a period of time the same happened again. About 6 years ago I merged all 3 into 1, and what a difference it made. No more duplicating content, no more having to keep an eye on 3 sites and traffic has increased because of it. We're very close to the manufacturer, and are their 'Official Community Partner' as they realise what a valuable service we provide to them and their customers.

I'm sure Xenforo offer a service to to help, as my software provider (IPS) did at the time. Was quick and easy, I think it took about an hour with 12k members and 300k posts at the time.

I'd recommend merging them into 1 on here too, just my opinion based on experience.

http://www.thelotusforums.com/forums in case you were interested :)

PS, I'd also recommend the move to SSL, again a quick and easy process and better for a lot of reasons :D

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj