I can finally see my phone!!!

Reaction score
I am so tired and frustrated not being able to see my phone in anything other than a full overcast sky. I've tried several sunshades to no avail. It's almost impossible to protect the screen from ambient light even with a sun shade.
I came up with a solution that works extremely well but has some limitations:
A REVERSE SUN SHADE
I modified a cheap VR Google by removing the front of it as well as the lenses. When I go flying I put the phone in its regular holder on the RC and wear the googles. If i'm having difficulty seeing the phone due to glare I just dip my head pressing the goggles to the phone. Absolutely no ambient light! Bam! Problem solved. The view is slightly out of focus but good enough to check telemitry, position and camera position
Additionally, the goggles do a nice job of shading your eyes from the sun.

I am so tired and frustrated not being able to see my phone in anything other than a full overcast sky. I've tried several sunshades to no avail. It's almost impossible to protect the screen from ambient light even with a sun shade.
I came up with a solution that works extremely well but has some limitations:
A REVERSE SUN SHADE
I modified a cheap VR Google by removing the front of it as well as the lenses. When I go flying I put the phone in its regular holder on the RC and wear the googles. If i'm having difficulty seeing the phone due to glare I just dip my head pressing the goggles to the phone. Absolutely no ambient light! Bam! Problem solved. The view is slightly out of focus but good enough to check telemitry, position and camera position
Additionally, the goggles do a nice job of shading your eyes from the sun.
I just made my own to and lined it with black felt. It work ok for scrap stuff I used to make it

This is the one i made.I dont have the phone it but can see it anyway. Nothing fancy but it works

Attachments

• 20180412_215152.jpg
    20180412_215152.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 305

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jakob08z